Clutch slipping = boost pressure low??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch slipping = boost pressure low??
Well as a few no im slowly working up to stage 2, im currently saveing for a clutch,my boost pressure seems so have dropped it was around 18-19psi now its around 15psi so I changed all the intercooler pipeing round thinking I had a leak but still no change, checked the pipe going to the boost sensor for the boost gauge all seems ok. So now im stuck

is it because the clutch is slipping that is causeing it drop??
But the clutch slips till around 3,000rpm then bites agin so surely that sould still read full boost??

My other 2 options are boost gauge has gone faulty, or I have missed a boost leak.

Also dose any one no the size of the rubber pipe/connector that comes off the turbo and connects to the hard plastic pipe (406 bottom pipe)??

Thanks given by:
If the clutch is slipping it reduces the load on the engine until it bites again, so yes boost would drop, it would be like revving the engine with it out of gear at a standstill
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But the clutch grips agin around 3,000rpm well what i think it is but might still be slipping gess best bet is wait till i got clucth then see if its back to normal..

Dose any one no the size of the rubber connect between the turbo and hard pipe (406 bottom pipe)???

Thanks given by:
probably does grip again at that rpm as the torqu drops off !
the torqu is what makes the clutch slip
Thanks given by:
Even when my clutch used to slip it would still read full boost
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmmmmm so looking like boost leak or gauge has decided it dosnt like 19psi lol

Dose any one no the size of the rubber connect between the turbo and hard pipe (406 bottom pipe)???

So i can look about geting an aftermarket straight connector for it.......

Thanks given by:
i believe 41mm mate, not sure what that is in inches
Thanks given by:
Thanks just ordered the straight bit will try that see if its leaking from there if not will have to go round all the joins agin....

Any one now how i can test the intercooler pipes

Thanks given by:
Soapy water mate Wink if it starts to bubble you know it's leaking Smile
Thanks given by:
ooooooo good idea lol will have to try that

Thanks given by:
haha, no worries mate, if there's any leaks they should show quickly
Thanks given by:
So ive messed around with the pipes, bought a new pipe kit done all the pipes agin, but yet still only hitting 15-16 psi max were as before it was 19psi max.

BUT!! Think I may have found the problem, the exhaust manifold gasket is leaking so is this the cause of me not boosting up to the pressure I was before??? If the exhaust gases are escapeing before they hit the turbo probly means the turbo isnt spining up as before?? Am I right??

Thanks given by:
It would make a difference, don't know it'd be that much though. Definitely worth fixing before worrying about anything else though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 10:17 AM)Poodle Wrote: It would make a difference, don't know it'd be that much though. Definitely worth fixing before worrying about anything else though.

God i hope it fixes the problem really starting to get right on my nerves now lol will get it booked in garage to get it sorted, if it dont fix it, Think you will here me swearing for miles around ;-)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulley Noise, Belt Slipping Squealing sometimes when steering ollieh17 1 1,043 15-12-2016, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Injector rattle, boost pressure, and lift off rattle? JTaylor2005 10 2,952 30-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Boost gauge and stock pressure JTaylor2005 16 3,186 27-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Last Post: JTaylor2005