pure power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pure power
(20-11-2012, 03:01 PM)samass Wrote: can't hold back the horses!

....shoulda tried a fence, they've all escaped.
Thanks given by:
Don't worry, ill find them again

ninja
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 05:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You cant brag till you can reverse into a post

Here endeth the thread.

EFA
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2012, 12:52 PM)samass Wrote: Don't worry, ill find them again

ninja

What the f*ck do you know about horses you own a NAD lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
You'll see, you'll see....

Thanks given by:
what eva sista!!!!!!!!!!

ooo and let me buy grants conical top hats if your fuckin about with your NAD poo

Thanks given by:
No. Mine. Miiiiiiiine!

Getting a 306 on the weekend, so I need them Big Grin

Thanks given by:
gaaaaaaay! share! 1 each?

what you getting then? spill for a blowie

Thanks given by:
Haha noooo, get your own you tight bastard!

No. Ninja. Ninjaaaaaa

ninja

I'll take that blowie tho

Thanks given by:
pm secret for a blowie and a finger in the bum at the same time? Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Send me your number and ill send you a sexy picture Wink

Thanks given by:
done.

Thanks given by:
(21-11-2012, 11:30 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Well they're 100bhp IIRC......

The one I had the pleasure of using for a few months was a little over 140, the thing was intended as a track car but we never got round to finishing it off and putting a cage in but the thing was as light as a feather mainly due to the fact that it had been basically stripped out of everything bar the front seats.

(21-11-2012, 08:31 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Yayyyy your backkkk Smile lol

Did ya miss me sweetheart Tongue

Sorry to revive an otherwise DEAD thread!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anything can wheel spin in the right conditions.........even the HDi. lol But on a serious note Im so used to booting onto junctions or roundabouts to combat lag and with the aid of ESP/TC that I just keep spinning the fecking HDi in the wet....whats the point of a bit of torque if it can't get it onto the road. Rolleyes

Yes I know I'm a shit driver blah blah blah. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 08:54 AM)InkedMuttley Wrote:
(21-11-2012, 08:31 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Yayyyy your backkkk Smile lol

Did ya miss me sweetheart Tongue

Sorry to revive an otherwise DEAD thread!

Yeahh man been a while aint it haha

Well to add to this thread got new tyres on and i think they have stopped spinning will clarify this by hanging a friend out the passenger side to see if they do haha, think my clutch may be having a tad slip either that or the new tyres are slipping but it was bone dry and seemed to go for it in 3rd and 4th :S
lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've genuinely lit up 5th on tarmac before now... Wet tarmac sure...

If you were uphill in 3rd in the dry it'd either ra*e the clutch or do in the tyres..

You understand Tom, that all ESP does is cut the power, so your point of "what's the point if it can't put it down" is null and void, since it's not putting down ANYTHING because it's cut all the power anyway.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Flat in 3rd 4th Ruan but will investigate this futher lol think it may be because tyres been on less than 20 miles and sure they have a slippy surface to start
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 10:42 AM)Ruan Wrote: I've genuinely lit up 5th on tarmac before now... Wet tarmac sure...

If you were uphill in 3rd in the dry it'd either ra*e the clutch or do in the tyres..

You understand Tom, that all ESP does is cut the power, so your point of "what's the point if it can't put it down" is null and void, since it's not putting down ANYTHING because it's cut all the power anyway.

It also brakes the slipping wheel using the ABS modulator. It was MUCH easier to make a quick pull away in the wet in the golf than the HDi. Funniest thing was parking Rowells estate on my garden though, its a wet grassy slope, but I've never had a problem getting golfs up there........the HDi just wouldn't go, kept slipping so I had to leave it near the bottom lol. Next car definitely has to have TC again....
Thanks given by:
Or you could learn how to drive? If it starts to spin you let off tom, it isn't rocket science
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 12:53 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Or you could learn how to drive? If it starts to spin you let off tom, it isn't rocket science

Yes exactly, so you don't get a quick pull away........
Thanks given by:
Errr, no, what the f*ck do you think the traction control is doing?
Thanks given by:
The Golf was heroic because it had T/C then?

Have you ever wondered whether the traction in the Golf was better because it's a nose-heavy beast of a German Panzer tank whereas the 306 is a bit more sympathetic on it's front suspension due to a better weight distribution?

Pretty sure all the fastest WRC cars have traction control for the same reasons too, I mean, think of all the loose surfaces they drive on! Way easier with T/C...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 12:22 PM)smokey Wrote: was driving to essexd the other day floored it and it spun up all the way through 3rd thats not bad going i dont think. tried to get a 0-60 but couldnt put the power down just sat still

my rover did that with the skinnys i had on in the wet. i tried to launch the car in the wet and we just sat there untill i go the car into 3rd gear. people were thinking wtf! as they drove past me. in the dry tho if you booted it in 3rd it would fight for grip before 4th gear, as soon as i was in 4th gear, i backed off.
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 02:09 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: The Golf was heroic because it had T/C then?

Have you ever wondered whether the traction in the Golf was better because it's a nose-heavy beast of a German Panzer tank whereas the 306 is a bit more sympathetic on it's front suspension due to a better weight distribution?

Pretty sure all the fastest WRC cars have traction control for the same reasons too, I mean, think of all the loose surfaces they drive on! Way easier with T/C...

Yes...when the TC broke (dodgy brake light switch knocked the TC out!) it was spinning all over the show - don't forget it had like double the torque of the HDi lol.

And I dont beleive wet roundabouts are loose ground? Wet and loose are entirely different.
Thanks given by:
It was spinning because you can't drive, not cause the TC was broken.
Thanks given by: