Brake pipe from Peugeot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake pipe from Peugeot
I heard a rumour a while ago that you can still buy pre-formed brake pipe for the 306? Is it true before I go in and ask?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
some have been discontinued but give it a go mate. wear a helmet though so you dont hurt your head when you fall over!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2012, 07:47 PM)Niall Wrote: wear a helmet though so you dont hurt your head when you fall over!

HAHAHAHAHAHA too true!
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
Yeah true, at the moment I only need a short amount. If I made my own do I need special unions or just ones the same size?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Make them yourself if you have the tools!!!

You need a good quality bench mounted flare tool, copper pipe and the correct unions.
Most are m10x1 male and female
Thanks given by:
I don't have the tools.

I rounded the N/S front union nut, had a look and it's really short pipe to a connection. If I do the same to the O/S then I would be pretty screwed by the looks of it..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Mole grips tbh,
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I need to buy some new mole grips, mine are ruined. Had a decent set of long nose ones but lost them Sad
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I rounded a rear union but used molegrips as a removal and refitment method whilst changing the caliper. Works ok

The peugeot pre-fab pipes are available in certain locations, others you just get copper lengths appropriate for the job.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I just replaced all of mine with copper ones, only cost £30 to have someone else make them all up too.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 10:06 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: I just replaced all of mine with copper ones, only cost £30 to have someone else make them all up too.

Weren't the rears about 6ft too long? And you ended up with spaghetti under your car lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol on the gti yes, the estate is much neater
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You don't need the proper tools! We used a large socket to form the bends for my rear brakes.. A reel of copper pipe is pretty cheap and then all you need is the right size olives and union nuts
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't bother buying brake pipes from Peugeot. I ordered one under the impression they were pre formed and got a straight piece of pipe. Paid £20 pounds for it as well. After the incident I still needed a pipe for the other side so got some made up for £5 pounds and self bent it. It's easy as long as you don't try to bend them at too much of a severe angle and make sure they don't catch on anything.
Thanks given by:
I tried to get some the other week and they don't sell them at all.

I was pointed into the direction of GSf/ECP/unipart and so..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake pipe failure Mighty306 3 1,766 15-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 6,938 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Plastic brake pipe clips Mighty306 3 2,197 12-04-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mighty306