Running like shit need help changed everything now with video first post

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running like shit need help changed everything now with video first post
(18-11-2012, 08:36 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: The Bosch pulley is slighly mangled where the woodruff key goes on but didnt think it would be a issue? It slotted on fine recon this could be it?

Rept I've done 3 now and they have all been fine it's just there isn't something right this time, get it bolted on dont worry it will be fine

have a look at my bosch fail thread. it turned out i had the wrong key! (dont worry have the correct keys now just no bosch to put them on!) It meant that there was play in the pulley which in effect made it run like it was a tooth out.
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
It's the right key I took the key and pulley off my spare Bosch.

Ill have a look tho cheers
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Video now up in first post

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Definitely looks timing related to me!

Are you 100% sure you got the belt on right? As I had the EXACT same running issues and the belt wasn't quite on right, stretched it over a tooth and it's spot on now.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've had the belt on and off 5 times now I've done it twice and my mate 3 times so its not me being a twat and not doing it rite lol. Deffo seems timing related but don't see how :S

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Ok, so to double check:

When you've locked everything off, you've wound bolts a good 10 turns or so into pump and cam so the bolts don't move? And you've used a 6mm allen key on the flywheel? I've found the wrong size allen key allows a bit of wobble which can time it up wrong, also if the locking bolts have any side to side play they affect timing too.

When you fit the belt, firstly the tensioner is all the way off yes? Then you fit the front length (crank-pump) first, right? then pull the belt as tight as you can between pump and cam, then lastly adjust the tensioner aye?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yea screw the bolts all way in, used a 6mm bolt and took starter off so I can see its dead centre

On the crank pull tight over the pump over the cam and let the tensioner take the slack.

It's all timed up but runs shit then when come to check the timing after its been running its jumped a tooth, the belts tight tried 2 gates belts new tensioner and pulley

Just going to throw a old dayco on see what happens the gates belts have 136 teeth as they should Dont know why it's doing it

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
All sorted now it was me who was helping sort it out.

It was timing related but an odd one at that. I timed up the car just like I have done prior to this in the dozen or so xuds iv done pump swops/ cambelts prior so no issue there. Always have habit of checking timing after 3-4 rotations all lined up spot on. Except when came to start it would knock timing out 1 tooth every time. After 3rd attempt and pump swop later I sacked the pump time holes off and retarded the timing 1 tooth which in sorted it out.

Can't explain why it kept jumping a tooth every time but it just did. Did the cambelt like any of the other cars iv worked on. Got me baffled
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
New tensioner or not? Sounds like it could have been too slack i.e the tensioner or tensioner spring/piston may have been partially seized and not pushing out far enough to take all the slack out of the belt? That's all I can think of....
Thanks given by:
Tensioner was 2nd hand but had only covered couple of k and still stopped like they should the tensioner spring piston was pretty clean and free no issue there just seemed bit of a pig first issue iv had with a timing! Seems spot in now
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
As said the tensioner is under 1k old around 650 miles, the spring came out of the cup inspected it and was fine no idea why it was jumping a tooth

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
at least it's sorted now . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cambelt changed 25k, 11 years ago - does it need changing? heyitsroth 7 1,806 08-05-2017, 12:44 AM
Last Post: heyitsroth
  HELP again....... running like shit, puglove 7 2,318 09-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  headgasket - changed! zx_volcane 6 1,693 18-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane