DeCat for an MOT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeCat for an MOT
Im sure this has been covered but can't find it.

My Hdi passed last year with a DeCat, but i hear all sort about the MOT changes.

Will this affect me, i had a powerflow straight through to back box made up, all in one piece so not easy to put a cat in. I get the feeling i will be having to get a the casing of a cat welded around the exiting exhaust.

Link to changes:

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/ca ... -2012.html

Quote:Exhaust
A catalytic convertor fitted as original equipment but missing will be a reason for failure.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
AFAIK... You only need a visual CAT if it's a petrol for the new 2012 rules
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I really hope so, i may have to ask the garage i take my car to before i book it in.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Doesn't need a cat, diesels are still just smoke tested. Was covered at great length in various threads on various forums, all resolved with someone posting a copy of the new regs.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My 1.8 has a decat which I think might be just a pipe welded in... havent looked under :/ I presume i need to find a friendly MOT tester!
Thanks given by:
yeah on diesel they need one silencer and to pass the emissions (particulate) test Big Grin
btw.. that thing below got 0.00 emissions Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont worry about the CAT changes. People need to pay attention to this come MOT Time

"HID headlights can cause dazzle if they are dirty or aimed too high so car manufacturers must fit headlamp cleaning and levelling systems. A car will fail if a mandatory headlamp cleaning or levelling system is missing, doesn't work or is obviously defective.

Vehicles fitted with aftermarket HID systems must also be fitted with properly working washer and levelling systems."

There are alot of people with these kits now without levelling etc. Best get them out come MOT time...
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by: