2.1TD Swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.1TD Swap
As for how quick it is, I could make slippy clutch excuses all day long (and want a rematch when I have a new clutch), but the fact remains that it is epically quick. But needs wider tyres lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Not just wider tyres, more fuel too. That thing has a lot more to give yet...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Dum you need to take me out in this so I can see what all this 12v shiz is about!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the ride yesterday Chris!

I like how the turbos inlet is facing the other way, saves a lot of faffing with custom piping.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
get it on the dyno, and see what difference you make from fiquires now and what you got planned Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 12:10 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: get it on the dyno, and see what difference you make from fiquires now and what you got planned Smile

Agreed!
JP
Thanks given by:
as im very interested to see what happens with the torque on these, also interested in what boost these 12v heads will handle Smile and videos videos !! Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 12:12 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: also interested in what boost these 12v heads will handle

Same to be honest.

Having held a 2.1 rod in my hand, they are big meaty boys... The bottom end is good for some serious abuse, I'm sure of that... As Darren has proven time and time again, it's always the heads that let these IDI lumps down.

Awaits with baited breath! Smile

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
I know you like a meaty rod James Smile ive never looked at these 2.1's sturggling to find my crank in garage too think a full block has come in yard tho so can go pull crank out and give me mate to get measuring lol
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the favorable comments guys, especially those who have been out in it.

Next thing is sorting out the last teething issue then bigger wheels, wider tyres, lowering and some bigger brakes.

(03-12-2012, 12:10 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: get it on the dyno, and see what difference you make from figuires now and what you got planned Smile

Ive got a fair idea of what its running now and basically its no faster than any other car with a maxed 9mm pump thats only just hazing on boost

I dont think its going to make an amazing headline power figure, It might not even touch 150bhp (although it would be very close if it didnt) and the torque is about 240lb/ft

I really want to try someone elses boost gauge thats known to be accurate as Im still only peaking at 19psi and dont entirely trust my autogauge as its a little sticky (but has freed up alot in use)
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 04:45 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I really want to try someone elses boost gauge thats known to be accurate as Im still only peaking at 19psi and dont entirely trust my autogauge as its a little sticky (but has freed up alot in use)

Why didn't you say yesterday... o.O
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
thought it did
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 05:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: thought it did

Thought you were just slagging off autogauges tbh. Rofl
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Div!

Hows your boost leaks and smoke issue since actually tightening your hose clamps up?
Thanks given by:
Should have said you could have borrowed my boost gauge at the meet!

Has got epic torque potential when a bigger blower is on there too!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
It's going to need a better clutch for sure though... Mine ate a stock DT (brand new) clutch in 2 weeks... and that was a lowly 1.9!!
JP
Thanks given by: