modified car insurance quote

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modified car insurance quote
just done a qoute on compare with the following mods added.
upgraded turbocharger
upgraded suspension
modified engine
alloy wheels
interior changed

£ 1159.50 with acorn lol cheaper for me to insure a lancer

£424 with AA no modd's

does anyone bother insuring the mod's ?
Thanks given by:
Yeah you have to mate, am with Adrian flux, £440 a year,
Thanks given by:
Also with flux

£600 wit all mods insured. Including ones you have stated

20 with 3ync
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Try brentacre bud I had been with flux for years, but they started to take the piss with price hikes!! Brentacre gave a lot better cover for cheaper and they don't charge for changes mid policy, they give you a bhp limit as long as you don't go over they don't charge you more
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Flux wanted 1400 to insure a standard 205 DT, iv got it insured for 700 as a second car with 0 NCB, just keep phoning around
Thanks given by:
thank's men i will give them a call,i would'nt mind but i am 29 and live in a low risk area so it should'nt be that heigh.
Thanks given by:
Its cheaper for me to insure my car as modified than as standard lol.

You have to insure your mods, Its the LAW!
Theres a couple of members that have got into trouble for not declaring them as then technically your uninsured and so they have got the 6 points and £200 fine.

However if you get a traffic cop who really decides he dosent like you then not only is it no insurance and getting your car seized but theres also a fraud offence there somewhere, obtaining pecuniary advantage by deception or making false statements in regards to obtaining financial services (if there isnt a specific insurance fraud offence) and thats potential jail time not to mention no employer is going to want you again if you have a fraud offence on your record.
Thanks given by:
Thats happing around here, they are pulling over modified cars and phoning the insurer asking if the mods are declared
Thanks given by:
just over £400 plus modifications added with adrian flux and a 15% discount threw 306oc.
td04 turbo
gmax lowering springs
lowered torsin bar with gmax dampers
modified bosch pump
leather gti6 interior
well chuffed with that price.
Thanks given by:
There you go then, same cost modified or not.

what BHP level if any out of intrest?
Thanks given by:
Alot more for me to insure all my mods :S
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2012, 03:41 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: There you go then, same cost modified or not.

only did a quote for it modified and i have paid first instalment so my insurance with them will start december.
car is in the garage at the moment having the last few things put on i.e turbo,had a few issues with the vains on the pump aswell but got another pump so the dodgy one will be fixed.will have it on the rollers after crimbo...hoping for 160bhp Smile
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2012, 04:08 PM)bayley Wrote:
(17-11-2012, 03:41 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: There you go then, same cost modified or not.

only did a quote for it modified and i have paid first instalment so my insurance with them will start december.
car is in the garage at the moment having the last few things put on i.e turbo,had a few issues with the vains on the pump aswell but got another pump so the dodgy one will be fixed.will have it on the rollers after crimbo...hoping for 160bhp Smile

at the sheffield RR meet the DT's with TD04s was 170-180 bhp if this helps give you a rough idea
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2012, 08:19 PM)the milkman Wrote:
(17-11-2012, 04:08 PM)bayley Wrote:

at the sheffield RR meet the DT's with TD04s was 170-180 bhp if this helps give you a rough idea
lol,hoping for 160 but anything above that i will be well happy mate.
Thanks given by:
Am currently paying 700 quid fully comp, im 22 and have 4-5 years no claims.

Thats a DT with all mods declared, including engine swap and 300hp policy.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2012, 01:29 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Am currently paying 700 quid fully comp, im 22 and have 4-5 years no claims.

Thats a DT with all mods declared, including engine swap and 300hp policy.
that's a good price mate for your age and the mods ive seen on your d turbo...if you lived in birmingham or any heigh crime area you would prob be paying an extra £400 on top of that.
Thanks given by:
mines standard 125 pound a month with gd old admiral Dodgy 24 years old but passed in feb
Thanks given by:
Would peugeot alloys that require spacers to fit be classed as a modification? I know some people say as long as they're same manufcatur then you don't have to declare, what are people views on this?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Any modification to the car that is not as it left the factory is technically a modification even if it is OEM.
For example nimrods on a 306 is a modification but changing from swallows to cyclones you may well get away with. Just make sure you tell your insurer everything inc painted badges as it leaves them no room to turn round and say you didn't tell us about this etc and your cover is cancelled. Most cosmetic mods they won't charge you for but do be sure to inform them.
Thanks given by:
What mods? Thats how i bought the car
Thanks given by:
^^^ that dosent work, your expected to know the exact spec that your car left the factory with. Also far too many insurers trawl the forums now if you have a crash in a modded car looking to catch you out.
Thanks given by:
I pay just over £1k with flux on my 306, all mods declared which is a fair bit as there aren't many standard components left haha, massive turbo, 4 inch straight through exhaust, big brake conversion, coilover suspension, lowered, fmic, wider alloys, induction kit, oil cooling, battery relocated, fibreglass panels.
im 21 with 0 no claims
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 08:37 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: I pay just over £1k with flux on my 306, all mods declared which is a fair bit as there aren't many standard components left haha, massive turbo, 4 inch straight through exhaust, big brake conversion, coilover suspension, lowered, fmic, wider alloys, induction kit, oil cooling, battery relocated, fibreglass panels.
im 21 with 0 no claims

Can you take some photos of your 4 inch pipe under the car, 3inch is bad enough to make fit!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 08:47 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(20-11-2012, 08:37 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: I pay just over £1k with flux on my 306, all mods declared which is a fair bit as there aren't many standard components left haha, massive turbo, 4 inch straight through exhaust, big brake conversion, coilover suspension, lowered, fmic, wider alloys, induction kit, oil cooling, battery relocated, fibreglass panels.
im 21 with 0 no claims

Can you take some photos of your 4 inch pipe under the car, 3inch is bad enough to make fit!

yeah i will do next time its on stands, flexible truck exhaust is a godsend in this situation, but tbf it does knock on the bulkhead a bit :/
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Would fitting a Bosch pump be classed as a mod? Cos end if the day it's just a replacement part?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 09:30 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Would fitting a Bosch pump be classed as a mod? Cos end if the day it's just a replacement part?

i would say yes, as in the event of a claim the insurance company is going to be looking for any deviation from standard spec, so if it left the factory with a lucas pump.....
anyway, its upto you, but i would let them know if you change the pump as you dont want to be f*cked over if you ever do have the misfortune to make a claim
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: