Lights on whilst driving.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights on whilst driving.
(28-11-2012, 06:24 PM)Niall Wrote: i hate people like you tom. why drive with your fogs on when it dazzles other drivers? And are you actually serious about that mpg comment? Please say no!

Yeah I hate twats with fogs on, always have done. But I was genuinely driving home the other day and there was no moon, literally pitch black and I couldn't see the verges, tried main beam instead but that just shines miles up the road, well thats no use to anyone, but the fogs made a hell of a difference suprisingly.

Plus Im always getting dazzled by twats with HIDs so if I can get a few of those with them then I will! lol

Oh and yes I'm serious about the MPG thing......you won't ever see the heated windows or AC on in my car....
Thanks given by:
I always have my dipped beams on due to several incidents where other people havent seen me! Luckily they were minor bumps and not full on crashes. Yes I can see the point that by having lights on in the day it may be harder to see the brake lights but most of us have 3rd brake lights and the difference between side lights and brake lights is pretty big!

The comment about bikes being not being seen with lights on during the day because of cars with lights on is silly. It just means there are more lights to notice. I doubt many people think... oh there is someone with their lights on during the day must be a bike! In my experience it is very good that most modern bikes do have the lights on as they are incredibly hard to see... for example on my way to work there is a merging from 3 lanes to two and there are always bikes doing stupid speeds down the middle!

With regards to flash people in i dont use my fogs because it takes me a while to find them... yep im obviously not used to having them on all the time like some twats on the road. Ill normally double flash people! Also people driving with sidelights or fogs is annoying 'neaust' does this! D: and also people driving with just sidelights at night because the street lights provide them with enough light to see where they are going... ffs! its so others can see you as well as you being able to see where youre going!

I know you can get brake light flashers off ebay for about £10 or cheap from asia however im not sure of th legality. It has to be a solid constant brake light so imo that means there cant be flashes. It has been proven that a rapidly flashing light is much more attention grabbing than a solid light which is why most of the flashers will flash 3 times and then become solid. I think theyre a good idea and ill probably make my own from a microchip and program it when im back from uni. Maybe ill add some knightrider patterns for shows as well Big Grin
Thanks given by:
HID's on during day to save bikers lives!!
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
TBF... fogs on do light up the hedges and verges at side of road, i live in cornwall where some of the roads i take are single track lanes, fogs light up the edges of the road so much better than standard lights.

I dont drive with themon the motorway or a roads but country lanes fogs are ace. I always turnthem off if another car comes at me however.
Thanks given by:
The only time my fogs get used (other than in the fog!) is when I flash my high beams, or lane driving at night, as they're wired into my high beams. Big Grin

Can't stand people who drive around with their fogs on all the time, as well as badly fitted HID's.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is it not just side lights that they have on 24/7 in Scandinavia / surrounding countries cos of the way the days are I.e Mainly dark day and night ??
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 07:27 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: The only time my fogs get used (other than in the fog!) is when I flash my high beams, or lane driving at night, as they're wired into my high beams. Big Grin

Can't stand people who drive around with their fogs on all the time, as well as badly fitted HID's.

^^ This, exactly how mine are set up

Makes lane driving much better
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2012, 12:51 AM)Curt Wrote: I drive with my lights on a lot too, as you say, there's nothing bad about more visibility to others...

Also hate people that use sidelights when it's getting dark, which are like candles. Just go one more and put your lights on! It's pointless.

The ones that really f*ck me off are the ones that are on sidelights and front fogs...really f*cking stupid and bugs the shit out of me.

Failing that my headlights are on permanently and as was originally said it's saved my skin a few times too!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saw these beauties whilst out - apologies for the shite pics devils_fuel 23 5,177 11-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  Remember to look where your going whilst texting Ben Jay 6 1,649 16-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Eeyore