Baffled oil catch tanks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baffled oil catch tanks.
Im gonna be getting an oil catch tank soon but dont know if its worth spending 3 times the money to get a baffled one as most dont have them. The other issue is that all the baffled ones are f*cking huge.

For those that dont know there is a baffle plate between the inlet and the outlet that stops the hot oily air floating in the inlet and straight back out the outlet.
Thanks given by:
Why don't you make a tank out of a old can and run it for a few weeks. If you still have a problem, get a baffled one.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Make your own....

[Image: IMG_8701copy.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9918.jpg]
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fozzy, thats a freaking GENIUS idea. Do you have any more pics of it?
Thanks given by:
Was gonna do that on my old HDi John, Liking the long bit of copper pipe though cos that acts like a baffle. Might buy a cheap one and custom alter it.
Thanks given by:
I can't take credit for this idea, stole from another forum. Im currently making one myself. will upload pics when finished
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Was gonna do that on my old HDi John, Liking the long bit of copper pipe though cos that acts like a baffle. Might buy a cheap one and custom alter it.

Quote:[Image: IMG_8845.jpg]
the inner workings of the tank. The copper tube is stuffed with fine stainless steel mesh (not wool) in the hope of condensing some of the moisture before the air reaches the filter.
Thanks given by:
got a link to the other forum?
Thanks given by:
HairdressersUnited.com haha nah probably his mx5 forum
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just buy and un baffled one and stuff it, or use a coke bottle, same job gets done Wink

But deffo baffle with something, there a total waste of time without!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Just buy and un baffled one and stuff it, or use a coke bottle, same job gets done Wink

But deffo baffle with something, there a total waste of time without!

Ill buy one and baffle it with a pipe then. Think ive got a bit of 19mm ally pipe kicking about here somewhere and ill braze it in.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else got a Catch Tank fitted to their XU10 Dum-Dum 10 2,734 21-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum