Thanks given by:
Cheers Alex Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So when can I get my short back and sides? Haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Shut it you.

Didn't do any work today, so instead got made some progress...

First was out with the gear select again, to push the pin in some more to stop the stick spinning, which was annoying me.

That sorted I fitted the upper shift boot as mine was shot, and there was just a large hole in the middle of the car.

Removed:

Old completely f*cked boot:

New one on:

Then fitted new gear and handbrake gaiters, brass gear knob and handbrake sleeve and the Prototipo:

I'm really pleased with it, as it was before all the heat, fumes and noise came in through the gap. This has transformed it, so much quieter and nicer. I actually thought the release bearing had gone before, but now I think it was just because I could hear the gearbox too much! Like the look too Smile

Just need a horn push now...
Thanks given by:
Looking good dude Smile coming together quickly
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very nice buddy! Might be about this weekend if you're free for a quick catch up?
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 07:04 PM)sam Wrote: Looking good dude Smile coming together quickly

Cheers man Smile

(23-01-2013, 07:10 PM)Scott Wrote: Very nice buddy! Might be about this weekend if you're free for a quick catch up?

Cheers mate! Ah bugger, would have done but in Dorking this weekend... Sorry! Next time though for sure
Thanks given by:
You will hate that gearknob in the winter, trust me, does look good though. And that steering wheel... Inlove
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Erm, Alex... it is winter? lol I know what you mean though, but the one that was on it was ali and I didn't mind it. Yeah I love it too, suits the car quite well in a retro way I feel
Thanks given by:
Screw turboing your car curt its all about twin V8

[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha, WTF?! lol
Thanks given by:
Shurrup, you know what i meant. :p Can't wait to get shot of my own ally gearknob, my fingers stuck to it the other morning, not cool.

And WTF indeed! lmao
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha, yeah I do Tongue. It's alright though, I like it so it's worth it! I may get a standard one for when it's cold though lol

Removed my charcoal canister:

[Image: 2013-01-29153021_zpse1af266d.jpg]

[Image: 2013-01-30121514_zpsc76d1e8d.jpg]

To fit this:

[Image: 2013-01-30152252_zpsc9ba4a29.jpg]

[Image: 2013-01-30152300_zps2db52312.jpg]

"Cold side" relocation, purely for more noise... and it works pretty well Big Grin

Took a bit of fiddling, modified the K&N bracket to fit:

[Image: 2013-01-30152307_zps570617d1.jpg]

And had to extend the MAF wiring by a metre for it to reach:

[Image: 2013-01-30142255_zps155ce6ee.jpg]

[Image: 2013-01-30150322_zpscfe44f55.jpg]

[Image: 2013-01-30152315_zpsf8409963.jpg]

Keeps the child in me happy til the turbo anyway
Thanks given by:
Lol at having to extend the wiring that far! When I first looked I must say I thought you'd gone and fitted a turbo already.
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately not! I missed out on a TD04 that went for £32.50 cos I'm skint... Yeah, I was informed that it was long enough and all you have to do is separate the loom.... Wrong
Thanks given by:
I think they meant "separate two parts of the loom in the middle and add another meter of cable between to join them back up"?
Thanks given by:
lol clearly!

Got something rather nice on it's way... hopefully Friday
Thanks given by:
Like the induction idea. I managed to get hold of a K&N which was narrow enough to get behind the passenger headlight, out of the way of the hot exhaust fumes.

Do people still go mad for those ARC intake chambers?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I saw that was quite a common one to do... but obviously my mission was more noise and therefore a shorter induction tract.

Yes, they do! There's one on Nutz at the moment, they're crazy money. Plus they look fairly poo
Thanks given by:
They also make the car run worse! Couldn't believe how popular they were, bought mine, used it, decided it was shit so sold it and made a profit!

Metal intake chamber?! Wonder what happens to that when the engine warms up....

Left me stranded a couple of times because the engine didn't want to fire on a hot day, that was the las straw for me!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
To be honest I'd never heard that about the running... just that it was debatable they made any difference. But yeah, can see that getting a bit tiring! Mine's yet to see much in the way of sun Sad can't wait
Thanks given by:

Vindi Carbon fibre ducktail. It's only balanced and at the completely wrong angle...

Original plan was to smooth one in, but then this came up. Not sure what to do now... Seems a shame to paint it.
Thanks given by:
Argh, stop making me jealous Sad
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Dont paint it Big Grin carbon defuser would go with the duck tail really well Wink
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2013, 06:19 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Argh, stop making me jealous Sad
Haha, terribly sorry Tongue

(01-02-2013, 06:23 PM)sam Wrote: Dont paint it Big Grin carbon defuser would go with the duck tail really well Wink

I'm really not sure. I wasn't planning on a carbon theme at all, so I think on it's own it's a bit odd. I was thinking about trying to paint it so it still shows the weave... I may just sell it and get a fibre glass one to smooth in. Already got a spare boot lid
Thanks given by:
You have a buyer......
Thanks given by:
Haha, I know that one Tongue. I'm going to tape it on tomorrow so I can see more of how it actually sits, if I'm not keen I'll probably just paint it... It'll cost me the same to get another one anyway
Thanks given by:
That does make more sense Sad
Thanks given by:
I would have one smoothed in to the boot and painted

Thanks given by:
Mine was colour coded but not smoothed in. The bootlid is so light I was scared of the very likely cracking of filler over time... Still looked good! But I won't clutter your thread up with more pics of my car lol

I think the carbon stands out too much personally Sad would be alright on a black or white car...
Thanks given by: