Abs does anyone's work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abs does anyone's work
(29-11-2012, 10:40 PM)Kwik Wrote: i got the 4 wheel bosch abs but also a load compensator but mine is 2.5 lol. the bendix system is the 2 wheel one.

Never got into the situation to use my abs tbh i'm a motorcyclist so i have sight beyond sight lol

nope. yours is bosch but its not the ABS5. yours is only 2 wheel
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If it's got a load compensator, it's the old Bosch system... The only decent one is the later Bosch system with EBD, which is 4 wheel... The older ones are not 4 wheel...

Yours is the same as my Ph2, Bosch system with the load compensator - 2 wheel. Wait until you try the EARLY ones they put on S16s etc, it's scary.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
no mine is 4 wheel i will show you at ace cafe niall. tbh i think the load compensater got added from a beam change by previous owner and i've just stuck with it lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
How can you show someone it's 4-wheel ABS? :/

The pumps look the same, as said it's software modifications and an extra 2 hydraulic spool valves...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Niall does an 'R2-D2' and sticks his winkie in the ecu, then it tells him
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I lick it and see if it tastes like 4 wheel, tastes much the same as someone's dignity, come to think of it.
Thanks given by:
Dignity? what is this you speak of?

Thanks given by:
Good question, I've not experienced much of it, but I've heard it's a sweet taste, especially when it's been stolen off someone under the age of consent?
Thanks given by:
Sweet, like, sugar?

Thanks given by:
Hmm, maybe more like Chocolate Salty Balls... :/
Thanks given by:
gotta get me some Chocolate Salty Balls

Thanks given by:
i can show him the abs pump and the markings on top of the pump which shows which pipe goes to which wheel.....

the bendix system doesn't have them markings. i've had both over the years so i'm sure i can tell the difference lol
Thanks given by:
It doesn't make any difference, they all have markings as to which wheel it goes to (since it operates on FL+RR and FR+RL in the 2 wheel, otherwise when it cuts in, you'll just end up all over the road) NO Phase 2 ABS systems are 4-wheel... There's Bendix AND Bosch on both Phase 1 and 2 - as said, my P2 is a Bosch, has markings for the wheels, looks near identical to the P3 4wheel system... As said, nearly the only difference is the red tab, but some of them are black tab on Ph3s anyway, so that's a null point!
Thanks given by:
the point i'm trying to get across from the first post about my abs is mine is 2.5. mine is a T reg changeover year. i got a couple of phase 3 goodies like bootlid and abs but an xud instead of hdi and a phase 2 bumper..........
Thanks given by:
Does it have drums on the rear?
Thanks given by:
not anymore. i checked service box with my vin and the pug part number for my pump is 4541 34 if that's anyhelp. also checked with a generic 6 and it listed under additional abs5 bosch firstly my pump and another 2 the middle one was 4541 53 and the the last was NFP and was 4541 35. (screenshot below)

Thanks given by:
yeah so yours is the two wheel system then.
The pump still supplies fluid to all 4 corners and you still have a sensor on all 4 but if for example you lock up the front right, both wheels on that axle will modulate identically regardless of if the front left has locked or not.
ph3 EBD is different. that can modulate every single wheel individually allowing turning under heavy braking and it does make a big difference!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
so what your saying even though mine monitors all 4 wheels and the pump controls fluid to all 4 wheels i've got a 2 wheel system?

Anyway here is haynes part on ABS removal and refitting

Hope this helps
Thanks given by:
Heres a question the can i chaneg my non-working phase 2 setup for the better phase 3 one and if so what do i change Smile

as my abs aint workin or if puttin brembos should i just feck it off, if so with a 2 port MC can i get rid of ABS pump altogether?
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you would have to make all new lines and then you'll have to contend with new MOT regs.

I would say you need a 4 port M/C so a new pipe would go to each wheel but is alot of work!

How do you know yours is not working is light on or have you removed the bulb yourself?
Thanks given by:
You don't need a 4 port MC, and yes, even though yours has 4 sensors, 4 ports on the pump, its a two wheel system, as I've said previously, its simply 2 extra hydraulic spool valves internally and software changes...

You could change it for the later system, but it would be a ballache IMO...
Thanks given by:
Mot not a problem, lights not on and it locks up so its not working lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-lock_B...rake_types some good reading here
Thanks given by:
Had a test of my abs the other day.... went to birmingham to pick summat up and got cut up by a c*nt in a m3. Locked up and nudged his car. I bout killed him wen i got out the car. Wudnt have minded normaly but had 3 of my kids in the car.

Safe to say never goin to that s*it hole agane.
Thanks given by:
You showed great restraint. If little ones was in my car I probably would have too. If I was on me own would of hotted up the douche
Thanks given by:
Yeah if the kids wernt in the car probaly would have bumped his car harder and gave him some more abuse. But once ther are kids in the car i try to be a good person...

Iv noticed bmw drivers are compleate lady gardens.
Thanks given by:
that's one of the reasons i won't drive a bmw lol
Thanks given by:
just to quell all this different abs pump thing. we all have 5.3 as the abs ecu is intergrated onto the abs pump. the difference is software versions. if we had a 5.0 the ecu would be by the dash.........

http://www.ecutesting.com/bosch_abs_pump...dules.html if you don't believe me phone them yourselves
Thanks given by:
So can it be updated via PP or similar?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
best people to contact would be the company in previous post they would be able to tell you for definite
Thanks given by: