Sundance GTI6 owner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sundance GTI6 owner
Hi all, thought i'd introduce myself seen as my new project will see me abusing the place for information!

Name's Chris, been a member of pug306 and 306gti6 for a while under the same username.

I started life with a sigma phase 1 gti6 with AC and sunroof, one of the few 1996 registered cars with that spec. Over the last two years it's, erm, changed a bit. Basically, it looks like this now:

[Image: DSCF1217.jpg]

:twisted:

It's been through various exhausts, induction kits, suspension parts etc but as it stands I don't feel like I can go any further with it. It's due a belt change and i THINK the HG is showing signs of starting to go and insurance is a killer. Been driving 7 years but with only 2NCB as I had a gap of car ownership where I was a named driver on my housemate's car. As such £1k a year is disappearing from my bank and I cba with the running costs any more.

This leads me on to my new project, and the reason i'm here...

A bianca white XUD estate.

At the minute i'm negotiating the delivery of the shell to my house. It needs a pump, turbo, radiator, rear beam, front suspension.. just a few bits. But it has a leaf print half leather interior in good nick and the paintwork is pretty good, just needs a good detail and the odd part resprayed. All in a day's work for me.

I'm aiming for 150bhp on a BOSCH and T2/GT15. Obviously the likes of FMIC will be present. If I can reach near that i'll be happy although knowing me i'll do a darrenjlobb and start being silly with it. It's only an engine after all! 30psi on a T2 will probably do me, for now.

I'll be swapping the shiny bits from my car too:

Refurbished GTI6 rear beam with ZX shocks and disc brakes
40mm drop all round with B6/B8's up front
GTI6 ARB's
Rose jointed drop links (made by me, soon to be followed by rose jointed track rod ends)
GTI6 brakes (ABS removed, compensator replaced by manual bias valve)
Smoothed bonnet and grille
Black masks with 6000K HID's
Saxo spoiler modified to fit
Phase 3 trim
Light rear tint
Speedline 2110's in anthracite
Meyle HD wishbone bushes
Group N gear linkages
3" dished suede wheel
Oh and all the new consumables from the GTI6 - ball joints, bushes etc

Should handle nicely with that little lot transferred over. And make a nice base for a serious motor. Did I mention I make my own carbon parts too? 8-)

It also has no electrics or AC either, started life as a ph2 LX with a ph3 front end conversion. Nice bit of weight saving there, it's been on the weighbridge and barely weighs more than my GTI6!

Fingers crossed, will look something like this come the Summer...

[Image: estate1-2.jpg]

Anyway, hi. I'll shut up now.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Hey dudeeeeeeeeeee
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate, that estate is gonna look lush.
Thanks given by:
this is lush Wink
Thanks given by:
You could have chose a better name that we could pronounce... >.<
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Your hatch looks awesome! Want to spray mine yellow eventually (if you dont mind) haha. The estate is going to look amazing!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, its about time I caught up with your project lol estate will be good of you can get it like your Photoshop, want any help shout up Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome, shame about the Sundance but I'm sure the estate will be an interesting project :thumbup:
Thanks given by:
Welcome buddy Smile been following your sundance project thread for ages on .net. Such a shame you're selling up Sad Good luck with all your plans on the estate! Should be a brill project Big Grin There's so much potential for the old 1.9s now thanks to a few people pushing the boundaries (mainly jlobb!)

Will be watching this closely Big Grin
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
hi chris welcome to the light....as connor said please change your name lol

EDIT....youve gone derv??
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
welcome mate
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That name ain't changed in 8 years of forumming so it ain't changing for you feckers Wink

But yeah i'm going derv, for a few reasons, but I want to fiddle with oily stuff. All I can do with the GTI6 now is repair stuff, not enough money to do any of the big boy mods unfortunately.

Plus I really like estates. Like REALLY like them. But need to look into a trailer to get it back from Gav's, he's about 30 miles south of Ayr right on the coast. Even if I fix it up at his place i'll need it taxed and insured to get it up the road which would be a PITA. Rather get it back to mine and take my time over it. The Sundance is taxed until end Feb so if I can get cracking in the mean time I can get the derv bus on the go for then
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:That name ain't changed in 8 years of forumming so it ain't changing for you feckers Wink
ninja Fine, I'll do it for you

Gutted about the sigma (well, the sundance now I guess), but I can understand your reasons! I've not read your project thread in probably about a month now, is the car going to be sold complete aside from the bits you're taking for the estate?
Thanks given by:
Erm, there won't be much left apart from the interior minus the carpet, steering wheel and dash and the engine! Doubt someone would have a need for it tbh. It's a tight shell but the paint's crap.

Literally everything is getting stripped from it haha. Don'e even know how i'll get it off the drive once stripped?
Thanks given by:
Definitely a shame, it was a great project. But hey, the parts will be going into another project which should be interesting, so all is not lost! Smile

Looking forward to seeing your estate project, and welcome to the forum by the way Wink
Thanks given by:
Cheers matey :dance:

Just been reading through the guides. Might just source a BFO pump and go balls out. Or at least a Bosch. T2 spotted already and I reckon selling bits off the Sundance should net me enough to start off the FMIC.
Thanks given by:
Good stuff! How did your rose-jointed droplinks go? I remember you buying/building them from parts a while back but didn't hear much else. I'm sure if Phil's not doing them anymore you might be able to get some takers from here if they're at a decent price. That could also help funding Smile
Thanks given by:
Think I only made about £30 profit after paying postage etc on them, and that was at £93 a pair!

Seem to be going well but they're causing the rust to flake off the ARB and I have to retighten them every now and then. Made a huge difference to the balance of the car though Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, shame about the sundance it looked awesome, surprised Peugeot never did 306's in that colour really.

Estate will look pretty mean if you can pull it off, seems like everyone's modding them now!

What sort of price do you think the rose-jointed TRE's will be?

Just a random thought about the drop links - it doesn't matter if both are longer or shorter than standard does it? As long as there is no pre-load?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Erm, the length of the drop link determines the angle the joint sits at. The closer you can get the joint to 90 degrees the longer the joint will last.

Ideally you want the ARM parallel to the floor when the car's on it's wheels. Of, if you're a geek, you can fiddle with preload to affect turn in.

To reset the geometry of the suspension though, one will more likely end up longer than the other.

Check the gti6 forum, Phil has a massive thread on there discussing the benefits of fitting them Smile

As for the TRE's, not looked into them for a while but they'll need conical shims machined to fit the hubs which may end up costing a lot as I don't have any friendly machinists around here, they're all rip off bastards!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New gti6 owner Billyjames1987 11 1,998 13-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Zoemilly1
  GTI-6 owner soon to be d-turbo owner instead LukeC88 36 12,082 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Jonny b