wots this for???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wots this for???
Hi all, I was replacing the heater plugs today when I noticed a 4 pin (female) plug with three wires one of which is broken off, it is tucked behind the main loom to the right of the injector pump, the plug itself is coming out from the loom along with the fuel cut-off solenoid and alternator wires etc, there are no obvious probs, faults or warning lights showing. Does anyone have a clue as to its intended use?
I think its a XUD motor, 1999 (S) 1905cc turbo, Lucas CAV system.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Don't recognize it from memory, probably just a spare plug, there's a few on the loom! TBH it's an XUD, if it runs and drives and everything works, then just leave it Smile
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Is that not the Lucas immobiliser plug?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
im sure cw has hit the nail on the head
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
look at the pump, its been cut open to have the immob removed, that was the original plug for it
Thanks given by:
Yep 100% it's the original immobilizer plug. You have had your stop solenoid replaced in the past and whoever done it just sacked off the immobilizer and put a straight 12v onto the solenoid instead. Pretty common occurrence and nothing to worry about :-)
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 08:31 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Don't recognize it from memory, probably just a spare plug, there's a few on the loom! TBH it's an XUD, if it runs and drives and everything works, then just leave it Smile

OK, It's an XUD then! that's a good start. Thanks!... I can't see any sockets within the area so I assume it is just not needed on this model, but mostly these are capped - it probably fell off.
Is this the engine where the driveshaft needs to be removed to replace the bottom engine mount do you know?

(14-11-2012, 08:46 PM)Dan! Wrote: Yep 100% it's the original immobilizer plug. You have had your stop solenoid replaced in the past and whoever done it just sacked off the immobilizer and put a straight 12v onto the solenoid instead. Pretty common occurrence and nothing to worry about :-)

I'm happy with that, less to go wrong eh? I thought the connection to the cut-off sol didn't look factory... the thing with the cable ties on the inj pump doesn't either (?)
Thanks everyone.
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 08:54 PM)JayDub Wrote:
(14-11-2012, 08:31 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Don't recognize it from memory, probably just a spare plug, there's a few on the loom! TBH it's an XUD, if it runs and drives and everything works, then just leave it Smile

OK, It's an XUD then! that's a good start. Thanks!... I can't see any sockets within the area so I assume it is just not needed on this model, but mostly these are capped - it probably fell off.
Is this the engine where the driveshaft needs to be removed to replace the bottom engine mount do you know?

(14-11-2012, 08:46 PM)Dan! Wrote: Yep 100% it's the original immobilizer plug. You have had your stop solenoid replaced in the past and whoever done it just sacked off the immobilizer and put a straight 12v onto the solenoid instead. Pretty common occurrence and nothing to worry about :-)

I'm happy with that, less to go wrong eh? I thought the connection to the cut-off sol didn't look factory... the thing with the cable ties on the inj pump doesn't either (?)
Thanks everyone.

Nah you don't need to take the driveshaft off to remove the bottom engine mount, took 3 engines out without removing any shafts
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 01:13 AM)Dicky Wrote:
(14-11-2012, 08:54 PM)JayDub Wrote:

Thanks everyone.

Nah you don't need to take the driveshaft off to remove the bottom engine mount, took 3 engines out without removing any shafts

I read in the Haynes that this was the case but wasn't sure which motor I had, that's good because the mounts are a bit soft. - thanks again.
Thanks given by:
Doesn't that wire activate the racoon filter on newer ones?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Taking the engine out ye but you'll struggle to get the engine mount off with the driveshaft tho it with the engine in
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by: