Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Hi From Teesside

Thought it was about time i joined an owners club given that i currently have 3 306's sat on my drive.

1 P reg Phase1 1.6 Spinnaker - Miami Blue - circa 89k (needs an centre box but my favourite and my daily runner)
2 V reg Pase 2 (i think) 1.4 meridian - Diablo Red - cirka 79k (half way through clutch change)
3 Y reg Pase 3 1.4 meridian - Moonstone blue - circa 98k (HG problem)

Seems like a lot of you are very knowledgeable - expect a lot of Questions from me haha
Thanks given by:
Welcome along bud quite a collection you have there. 1st bit of advice is chuck them all on ebay and get your self a DT Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate. Don't listen to Jamie, DT? Please..... Get a '6 Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along.

Agree with puglove. XUD all the way.
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 12:55 PM)Matt Wrote: Welcome along mate. Don't listen to Jamie, DT? Please..... Get a '6 Tongue

Well yeah obviously. But if he has 1.4&1.6s he prob cant insure/afford to run a 6.

But dont listen to matt any way he bought a poverty spec 6 and paid a premium to have it. (not the sharpest tool in the shed) lmao

Thanks given by:
Cheers guys,

a '6 is out of the question - not for insurance reasons, i'm 32 and license is clean enough, it's more that I'm currently doing 24k miles PA just commuting nevermind my personal miles on top of that.
I'm with Puglove on the Derv option but i love that little P1 spinnaker. only set me back £300 nearly a year ago and has since only needed a wishbone (21.50 at my local motorfactors) and a throttle cable (home made and shortened to remove that ridiculous loop to the front end and back to the throttle body)
and it returns a consistent 42mpg on my commute.

Anyway the P1 is a keeper

the other two set me back scrap value (£170 and £142 respectively) - i hate waste
The P2 is proving a right b1tch to get the OS driveshaft out - damn engine mount bearing stuck
and the P3 is awaiting a Gasket kit and me getting a weekend off to sort.

Between them i'm looking at essentially free motoring for the next few years at least.
Thanks given by:
welcome along! so whats the plan with the ph2 and 3? fix them up and sell them?

oh and ph1 FTW
Thanks given by:
I haven't decided yet, couple of ideas

Fix them and sell one or both of them
or
Ph3 fixed (do the HG or swap in the low mileage lump from the Ph2) ph2 interior into the Ph1 then use it as a donor for the ph3 and make a matching Trailer out of the arse end.

lots of possibilities and i won't be out of pocket as could break them and get my money back
bit of winter tinkering fun really.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! :-) pics? I have 2 306's sat on my drive haha. Were all addicts here
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
nice collection ; welcome along! pics?!?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 03:52 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Welcome along! :-) pics? I have 2 306's sat on my drive haha. Were all addicts here

Stop your bragging phill, i got 3 insured and ready to drive so nuuuh Tongue

Thanks given by:
Will take some pics soon - nothing very aesthetically pleasing about them though they're all standard on Steeleys Smile
Thanks given by:
Greetings to you too Big Grin
Thanks given by:
good day, and good morrow to you sir
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate. DT ph1 ftw Smile Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 01:01 PM)Manlove Wrote:
(14-11-2012, 12:55 PM)Matt Wrote: Welcome along mate. Don't listen to Jamie, DT? Please..... Get a '6 Tongue

Well yeah obviously. But if he has 1.4&1.6s he prob cant insure/afford to run a 6.

But dont listen to matt any way he bought a poverty spec 6 and paid a premium to have it. (not the sharpest tool in the shed) lmao

Look here you! Pov spec or not it still taps!! And I may not be the sharpest tool on the shed but I am the sharpest in a padded room! So nurrrrr
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: