Help!! Big problems!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!! Big problems!
My cars going in tomorrow for a full exhaust so I spent the weekend fitting a new manifold. Didn't go to plan but either way, the car is all back together minus a cat.

I needed to bleed the coolant as I had removed the heater matrix pipes to get the manifold in. I've placed the cat in place where it would sit but there's no fire ring in the cat so it's not sealed. I've started the car to try and bleed it and it's running between 3-4k. Please tell me this is because of a lack of back pressure through the exhaust?!?
Can't even bleed the coolant as the water pump is not sounding at all happy at them sort of RPMs. I've got it bled as best as by blowing through the over flow and covering the cap.
I did have the inlet off but I'm sure this is all back on where it should be!

Please help and tell me once the new exhaust is on it will run fine?! If not, what could be causing it?

Thanks and sorry for the essay!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Iv ran a saxo engine before with just the mani/downpipe fitted and it ran fine, just extremely loud. Im sorry to say I think you have a problem elsewhere mate Sad
Thanks given by:
Is your throttle shutting fully would be the first check IMO

Inlet manifold bolts are 20nm or 15lb/ft according to haynes
Thanks given by:
As dum dum said check that. When my exhaust was off, and also changed to make it more free flowing it didnt change the revs! Are all pipes connected properly with no air leaks?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just been out there and had a look with the faithful snap on led torch and noticed there was a tiny gap between the manifold and head. Had it off within 5 minutes and there was a tiny bit of the old gasket stuck on the manifold. scraped it off, all bolted back on and it's fine now. Just sounds shite with no cat on it lol.
Panic over. Cheers guys!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sounds like you left a pipe off the inlet and it's leaking vacum.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
oh, too late
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:oh, too late

Haha cheers anyway mate.

Oh and just to say, I drove over my bloody snap on torch. They are proper solid. Just a few marks and scratches!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I need to get one of them! Glad you have sorted it mate!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Niall your right they are proper solid, mines been in puddles and engine oil and repeatedly dropped from over 6ft (I use the magnet and sit it on the top of my bonnet when im working to light the engine bay and keep ending up knocking it off with my head)

I did have a look for more of the torches but they didnt have any.
Thanks given by:
I need to get me some rechargables for my torch!
Thanks given by:
Dum if you ever go back and they have some more, could you get me another?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure I've seen them again in Watford Costco since...if I go at all this week then I'll grab a couple.
Thanks given by:
I'll buy one off whoever goes and gets them lol. Want one for the car and one for toolbox
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:I'll buy one off whoever goes and gets them lol. Want one for the car and one for toolbox

I have this. Team 2 Snap Ontm torches.

They had sold out when I was in the Reading Costco a week ago.

Scott if you see them pick up a couple as JonnyB wants a couple.
Thanks given by: