max rpm on lucas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
max rpm on lucas
hi iv had a search and couldnt find anything.

i have a lucas pump and done the usual max fuel and turned my turbo up slightyly.

i was wondering is there a way of increasing the max rpm on these pumps? they stop fueling at 4500? im sure i read somwhere you can increase this to 5200rpm?

any help is appreciated.

thanks tim
Thanks given by:
Yeah you can by puttin a bosch pump on bud
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm planning on getting a Bosch in the future but 2 brassic at the mo that's why I asked about the Lucas lol?
Thanks given by:
I've wondered this.... Mine can rev all the way to 4500rpm and reach 75 in 3rd gear! it sounds nice when proper going for it! Big Grin Surely there is some sort of limiter in place?
Thanks given by:
Damn, i dont know how you guys can rev your car that hard. I usually feel guilty after 3k rpm!

Bet that will all change when modded
Bosch goes in. Luls
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 11:05 AM)RePT Wrote: Damn, i dont know how you guys can rev your car that hard. I usually feel guilty after 3k rpm!

Bet that will all change when modded
Bosch goes in. Luls

3.8k is peak power on my DT at the moment according to mr rolling rd man, not Gov modded is case you counldn't guess . . Big Grin

3k is where she takes off lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I hit 6k in 3rd last night Tongue

ive tried gov modding a lucas it doesnt work lol
Thanks given by:
You could try removing the max rpm screw? On the lucas i mean.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Where is that located mate? I've played with my pump a little bit hence why it revs so well.... But I cant remember what I did to get it to do that!!! Sad
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 01:07 PM)davalav Wrote: Where is that located mate? I've played with my pump a little bit hence why it revs so well.... But I cant remember what I did to get it to do that!!! Sad

I assume you know what the throttle arm is, so if you pull that round to full throttle it hits a screw. Thats it. lol it usually got a cover on it
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Its a threaded bar it hits, i just cut mine in half on my old lucas but revving to 6.5k doesnt sound health ill admit
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Yes i definately dont think its a good idea!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt recomend revving the lucas too hard past 4500 anyway tbh as the turbo starts cutting out so no power after that where as bosch you can pull right through with enough fuel and dynamic advance.

youd be surprised how cheap you can pick a bosch up if you look in the right place
Thanks given by:
Got my entire bosch setup for free Big Grin. Except i had to replace 1 injector at the cost of £15.
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 02:34 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: I wouldnt recomend revving the lucas too hard past 4500 anyway tbh as the turbo starts cutting out so no power after that

This will still obviously apply to a Bosch as well..

Unless you have the air there (obviously dependent on Turbo etc.), it's gonna be damn right shit in my opinion...

Not saying, it's not worth getting the Bosch, just saying, unless you have the right turbo, IMO it's pretty useless revvin' to 6k etc (depending on your turbo setup)
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 02:52 PM)Matty Wrote:
(14-11-2012, 02:34 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: I wouldnt recomend revving the lucas too hard past 4500 anyway tbh as the turbo starts cutting out so no power after that

This will still obviously apply to a Bosch as well..

Unless you have the air there (obviously dependent on Turbo etc.), it's gonna be damn right shit in my opinion...

Well when the bosch is gov modded it will boost past 4500 even with a T2 i could hit about 5500 5700 on full boost

Basically you can getr a lucas to rev past 4500 but pointless as you run out of turbo past that, what turbo you running with your lucas? what other mods have you done, filter exhaust etc?
Thanks given by:
I'm sure you probably could. But I'd say it was pretty pointless in going to 5.7k on a T2, as I imagine you'll be way passed your peak torque & hp at that point. When I had a T2 a while ago, I found you didn't really need to rev it hard as when ever you changed up a gear you'd be back on boost anyway and on torque once more...

Just my opinion...
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
There's no point in revving very hard on a small, standard turbo as it will be way beyond its efficient working speed... Blowing hot air and raping the bearings. Much more so if you're boosting stupid amounts / dewastegated.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Good point its been a while since i had a small turbo lol
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 03:21 PM)n0v0s Wrote: There's no point in revving very hard on a small, standard turbo as it will be way beyond its efficient working speed... Blowing hot air and raping the bearings. Much more so if you're boosting stupid amounts / dewastegated.

In that case.... Bosch it is!!!
Thanks given by:
Thought I should clarify something, diesels are governed which regulate their speed. So, what you're experiencing is the gov cutting in and reducing the fueling. I have no experience with Lucas pumps, but I imagine the gov can be modified to increase the threshold it starts cutting in, in the rev range.

On a Bosch, the main gov spring is typically shimmed with washers. This means you can get an un interrupted supply of fuel through the rev range and beyond. Best free mod you can do. And is WELL worth doing, even on a Bogo standard dturb.

Thanks given by:
thanks for the advice think i will just go the breakers in a month or so, was it a bosch off a 405 i need?

whats an ideal upgrade from the t2?
Thanks given by:
Np. There are a few different cars that use the xud9, google it for an exhaustive list. Stay clear of anything with electrical advance mechanisms- 406, late xantias.

With re to upgrades, the sheep thing to do on here atm is the td04l from an impreza. It's actually quite a nice setup, cheap and plentiful and is a great compromise. However, jumping on the bandwagons dull! Do something different if you cba. Maybe jump on the garret GT series wagon before it starts to fill? :p

Thanks given by: