stage 2 hdi berlingo clutch??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stage 2 hdi berlingo clutch??
Well im slowly getting to a stage 2 hdi had issues after issues, but im now running a 140bhp 240ftlb's toque map starting to have a but of slip on the clutch in 3rd/4th/5th when it hits the main toque around 2000rpm then it bites agin around 2,500-3000rpm, i had this problem before when i was on standard map but it was soon to bed in agin, any way after speaking to mr whippy (who is highly recommend by me top guy!!) he said maybe the berlingo clutch..... as im on a budget not wanting to compromise on comfort i do 500+miles a week stop start round town so want it to feel like normal....

So my questions are

Is it a direct fit to the standard flywheel??

Will i need to make any mods to make it fit??

Any one running one of these? what toque can it cope with?

Will it feel like the normal clutch? no juddering, being heavy etc

Thats all the questions for now lol Any help welcome

Thanks given by:
I've been reading about these

They are exactly the same engine and gearbox so yeah a direct fit

As above

No one knows figure wise, some people just think they are marginally better than standard

Yeah it's a standard clutch at the end of the day, just standard for the berlingo

Plus the heavy clutches on 306's are usually down to the cable, they run very close to the exhaust which dries the lubricants in it!

Change the cable when you do the clutch and you'll see the difference
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Best writing to the chap on .net. he claims to be holding 280lbs ft with one. There's a 5 page thread on the options.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
dont really go on .net tbh, looking on ebay can get a valeo berlingo one for £80ish i think it was.... is that what im looking at getting dose any one have any part numbers so i dont end up sending car to garage and i supply the wrong clutch lol, if this is the case they can hold more then why dont all 306 hdi owners just put them in as standard? :-S

EDIT: just been on .net looks by the sounds of it there ok for around 280ftlbs, so very tempted to go down this route if i can 100% get the rite clutch as will be taking it to garage to fit it

Thanks given by:
£80 for a berlingo hdi valeo clutch?
They do different engines in the berlingo including a 1.6 Hdi so don't go thinkin any 'berlingo valeo' clutch on ebay will fit.

You'll be looking around the same price as a 306 valeo clutch so around £100

Plus I think the lad on .net was talking about a Sachs berlingo clutch but don't quote me on that!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 01:02 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: £80 for a berlingo hdi valeo clutch?
They do different engines in the berlingo including a 1.6 Hdi so don't go thinkin any 'berlingo valeo' clutch on ebay will fit.

You'll be looking around the same price as a 306 valeo clutch so around £100

Plus I think the lad on .net was talking about a Sachs berlingo clutch but don't quote me on that!

Yer i believe its a sachs kit mr whippy said its around £180ish i think, but not 100% sure but i would be happy if i can keep the price of the clutch under £200 and to be hold a bit more toque than what im doing now...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best clutch for stage 2 L16rye 4 2,304 15-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Clutch kit Stage 2 ? MrBigMac 54 9,725 28-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi
  Stage 2 Clutch Chris HDI 15 3,628 23-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi