306 hdi help with a few of issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi help with a few of issues
Hi, im a new member so hopefully someone can help
The car is a 2001 with 210,000 miles

1st problem is the engine revs drop when the foot brake is applied but only when the engine is cold. To the point where it feels like its going to stall. As soon as the brake is lifted revs come back to normal. Ive had a look at what pipes I can see but cant see any splits or disconnections

2nd problem is that there is an annoying high pitched whistle when driving and the revs have been constant for a few seconds.
The car feels down on power a bit but I think the turbo is still spooling up. Ive tried unplugging the egr to see if this stops it but to no avail.

3rd problem is that sometimes it doesnt start 1st time. Ive replaced the lift pump a while ago. When it does start 1st time I can hear the pump working (high pitched noise) but obviously when it doesnt start 1st time there is no noise atall

Cheers in advnace
Thanks given by:
1st problem is one i have, will let you know if i solve it.

2nd problem could possibly be a wheel bearing...?

3rd i would suspect your brown relay (behind ecu) or immobiliser. Brown relay is easy to check, swap it out for a known-good one and have a look at for signs of electrical issues around the plug and socket. For the immobiliser you really need to have a look at it on diagnostics.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
1. Check the vacuum pump and lines, especially the one from the pump to the master cylinder. If that's not performing properly when cold it could cause extra strain on the engine when the brakes are pressed.

2. Check for pinhole boost leaks. I get a whistle off mine at a certain psi, appears to be the threshold of a dodgy hose that burst open at certain pressure. Builds boost fine up to and past that point but air whistle out of it under pressure.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies ill have a good look at that
Thanks given by:
I 'think' ive sorted the braking problem. I pulled the pipe off the egr and blocked the pipe because I wanted to try it without the egr anyway. So far it seems to have sorted it as it hasnt dropped the revs when its been cold.

Im going to try and have a good check of the turbo tomorrow and check for a boost leak.
Thanks given by:
Interesting, will have to try this. Cheers for updating.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Let me know if it works for you.

Just as a bit of extra info, when I did a diagnostic scan I got a p0200 and P0204 which ive been told is an injector circuit malfunction (injector 4)

Could this be causing any whining noise?
Thanks given by:
I can't see how it could be causing the whining noise, as it's an electrical issue.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: