27th January Midlands Meet at Dynodaze

Poll: What date/s could you make it to a meet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
January 19th
20.00%
5 20.00%
January 26th
44.00%
11 44.00%
February 2nd
36.00%
9 36.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
27th January Midlands Meet at Dynodaze
(12-11-2012, 01:42 AM)RePT Wrote: The cities are rubbish, has to be in the country Big Grin

You've obviously never been to Tamworth if you think it's a city. Ok so it's home to Drayton Manor Park, Tamworth Castle, and The Belfrey Golf course and was once the capital of the largest kingdom in England - Mercia.
It's also home to the uk's first ever full sized real snow indoor ski slope but let me assure you there is plenty of countryside with some good drives and good pubs and is about a central for everyone as you're going to get.
Thanks given by:
It's a fair old drive for people on Rotherham and Lincoln tho that!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you want country side then I think a few here will agree Derbyshire is your best bet.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good areas for driving are near Retford :-) there's a long country A-road that goes from coalville to Loughborough (Leicestershire) which is pretty fun.. Erm over Redditch/Malvern way is a nice drive as well :-)
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
All come to redditch so we can park loads of 306s outside my moaning neighbours house. just to piss them off Wink lmao

Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 09:59 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: It's a fair old drive for people on Rotherham and Lincoln tho that!

It's a fair old drive from Herefordshire too for those that live there as I know there are at least 3 members there but only 2 on the list so far.
When I used to live in Tamworth I could do Meadowhall in an hour and a half easy and it'll be about the same from Hereford.
I also used to go to Louth in Lincs a lot and that was perhaps another 15 mins maximum driving time.
The point I'm trying to make is that no matter where you hold the meet it will always be too far for some - a factor well known to admin when trying to decide where to hold the Xmas meet.
I used to deliver cars all over the country so I know the approximate times and distances to wherever and was just putting Tamworth forward as its about the most central for everyone and just off a major motorway - not miles of B road bashing before you even get to the destination.
If anyone wants to put forward a better suggestion that is central for everyone please feel free to contribute.
Thanks given by:
im sure me and spillage would be up for this Smile
with the amount of guys in the derbyshire/south yorkshire area maybe get another meet on the go if your not up for traveling a distance?
Thanks given by:
Tamworth is good for me.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
I don't have a problem with distance - I actually drove down to the Ace cafe day and was the only Midlander there - it was only 1hr 40mins away.
Thanks given by:
Ive been to tamworth plenty, infact i am due to start work there soon.

My comment was general and not directed at you, otherwise i wouldve used quotation Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ok - damn why does so much of the meaning get lost in typed words Sad
Thanks given by:
I reckon the OP (Kezzieboy) should just pick and place and date and see if people can make it. If not, re-arrange time.

As someone said previously, you're never going to get a good location for everyone...
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
RePt, Where you working at?
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 03:08 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Where you working at?

Royal mail sorting centre, near a train station.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I meant where are you going to be working in Tamworth? but if you're working at the Royal Mail now I presume you will be working at the sorting depot in Tamworth lol
Thanks given by:
Reason I haven't proposed a location is that I don't know anywhere decent to hold a meet.

Tamworth is good for me in terms of distance, as a poor student I don't want to drive for more than 1 hour absolute maximum, half an hour to 40 mins would be preferable!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
^^ says the one with 73mpg's in his sig! Lol
Thanks given by:
That's how poor I am lol, even with that economy I can't go on a long drive Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Haha tell me about it, I'll be pushing it half the way to save fuel! Lol
Thanks given by:
At least you know your cars will get there i might be turning up on an AA low loader
Thanks given by:
Aww come on Dan - plenty of time to sort this yet - what's up with it?
Thanks given by:
new engine on the workstand, old engine lower compression on cylinders 4-2-1, dont worry ill get there even if i have to push the damn thing.
or swap the motor overnight
Thanks given by:
Whereabouts in lincs are you? I was over in Boston earlier in the year buying(see: getting my arse raped) doors and side skirts for my Dtub
Thanks given by:
a small village (corringham) around 5miles out side the sh*thole thats called gainsborough Sad
Thanks given by:
I would definatly be up for a midlands meet, give the pug a chance to stretch its legs abit, been locked up inside since august
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I'll get the buzzers ready for Peugeots got Talent 2013!!

If people do are coming from further away, depending on the date theres space at mine for a piss up/ gang bang night before Tongue
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
EVERYONE MTFU!

I live 45 miles west of Birmingham, and I go there nearly ever week for social reasons...

If you don't want to travel 'cos it's "too far from Roth'ram" then STFU, it's a midlands meet, not a northern meet!

/rant Smile

Why don't we just go for an RR day, or at least have the meet at a RR?

I know that myself, ozone hostile and ZX volcane(?) / Tom are all wanting to run our cars...
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2012, 06:45 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: EVERYONE MTFU!

I live 45 miles west of Birmingham, and I go there nearly ever week for social reasons...

If you don't want to travel 'cos it's "too far from Roth'ram" then STFU, it's a midlands meet, not a northern meet!

/rant Smile

Why don't we just go for an RR day, or at least have the meet at a RR?

I know that myself, ozone hostile and ZX volcane(?) / Tom are all wanting to run our cars...

yeah that would be sweet
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Pugmarshall - the rolling road is another reason I suggested Tamworth lol
Thanks given by:
You're not as stupid as you look then Andy? Haha only kidding mate Big Grin

You gonna ask smartperformance?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Essex Meet - Wednesday 27th February - The Grange, Boreham (Chelmsford) Silky 0 2,488 29-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Silky
  Show: PFC EXPO - Sunday 27th September 2015 Eeyore 30 18,403 30-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  Pfc Expo 2015 - 27th September - Donington Exhibition Centre suzanne@fcs 0 1,804 09-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Last Post: suzanne@fcs