Tesco vegy oil offer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesco vegy oil offer
Just been to Tesco, vegy oil £4.50 for five litres. My local where sold out (as usual :roll: ) so I was not able to benefit from the offer so had to settle for some KTC at £11 for 10 litres :x Just hoping some people could benefit, what with fuel being almost £1.50 per litre!
Thanks given by:
Did you go gillingham tesco? I work there so always in stock for me Wink
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Been on offer for yonks, there's sunflower oil on offer right next to it, 5 litres for £5. Apparently it's better as its thinner n don't gel up as much AFAIK
Thanks given by:
The local tescos dont seem to do the 5 for 5 the best they can do is 11quid for 10 litres but that gets knocked down to 9.90 for 10 with smanfas discount :-) win might have to go to the wholesalers when the weather is a bit warmer
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seb_Ryan Wrote:Been on offer for yonks, there's sunflower oil on offer right next to it, 5 litres for £5. Apparently it's better as its thinner n don't gel up as much AFAIK

They didn't have that offer when I went. I think it might have been sunflower actually. It was five litre bottles for £4.50 which equates to £9 per ten litres. So far I have always missed out (again) and ended up getting the sodding KTC which is £11 for 10 litres which annoys me.

I don't think it's been on offer a long time, last time I went there a couple of weeks back they didn't have anything on offer. Also does olive oil give any kind of performance boost? Someone told me it did but I think they might have been having me on.
Thanks given by:
I've been getting it from there for about 3 months, it was 5 quid each, or 2 for 9 quid, but now it's 4.50 each lol. Sunflower oil is 10ppl more, but seems better
Thanks given by:
Haha, good for you bud. They are ALWAYS sold out when I go, so annoying. When they had the ra*e for £1 per litre, that was good, the bottles where perfect for pouring straight in. Just buy a few litres, chuck it in in the car park, job done, the perfect crime! Haha! Also whats more, ra*e is just like diesel, it's really thin so you don't get any performance loss!
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:The local tescos dont seem to do the 5 for 5 the best they can do is 11quid for 10 litres but that gets knocked down to 9.90 for 10 with smanfas discount :-) win might have to go to the wholesalers when the weather is a bit warmer

im hading to 'bookers' on monday for a load of veg - i can drop you some if you need, i'll be mainland bound tuesday.

let me know bummer
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Bookers isn't cheap for Veg though? Or atleast it wasn't when i went a week before Xmas
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Anton Wrote:Bookers isn't cheap for Veg though? Or atleast it wasn't when i went a week before Xmas

they probably bumped it up just before xmas - im assuming a wholesalers would be cheaper than tescos, surely?
Thanks given by:
Nope, ive not seen a wholesaler that matches supermarkets. Tesco have been doing veg for 90p a litre and sunflower for £1 since the summer. I regularly visit around 10 large stores to keep stocked up. Asda occasionally do it for £1 a litre.

If you want im sure i could store some in Bognor (gf lives) for when you come to the mainland.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Bookers is around £24 for £20 litres for ktc stuff, morrisons do 10l of it for £12 aswell, in a plastic container.

If theres none on the shelf in tesco, i always ask someone and they normally got 20 bottles out the back lol
Thanks given by:
Seb_Ryan, you are lucky if they do that for you, if I ask any of the staff they just say if it's not on the shelf then they haven't got it! Also Asda is doing Castrol GTX semi synthetic for £10 if anyone is interested. This is what I have used for my last two oil changes and it is very good!
Thanks given by:
Haha! Got 10L yesterday for £9, get in!
Thanks given by:
10 litres? i buy about 50-80 litres every time lol.

Also, Tesco has 15 litre bottles of sunflower for £13.99 along with the other offers already posted.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
You must do mega mileage then! I only do about 30 miles a week. It's unfair to clear out all the shelves though, that way one person gets all the fuel. I am really annoyed when I go there and see some jammy git has bought it all. I didn't see that offer for the Sunflower, just £4.50 for vegy oil and £5 for sunflower.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:You must do mega mileage then! I only do about 30 miles a week. It's unfair to clear out all the shelves though, that way one person gets all the fuel. I am really annoyed when I go there and see some jammy git has bought it all. I didn't see that offer for the Sunflower, just £4.50 for vegy oil and £5 for sunflower.

There's not a limit to how much Veggie oil people can purchae from a stora at any one given time, and how do you know that stocks were limited and they'd just so happened to have sold out? and not some 'Jammy git' came in and bought it all..
Thanks given by:
Bookers / wholesale FTW when i use to run Veg on the old Dturbo.. Not sure of the current prices there but use to be cheaper than the pumps by a fair decent amount.
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:
Flynn Wrote:You must do mega mileage then! I only do about 30 miles a week. It's unfair to clear out all the shelves though, that way one person gets all the fuel. I am really annoyed when I go there and see some jammy git has bought it all. I didn't see that offer for the Sunflower, just £4.50 for vegy oil and £5 for sunflower.

There's not a limit to how much Veggie oil people can purchae from a stora at any one given time, and how do you know that stocks were limited and they'd just so happened to have sold out? and not some 'Jammy git' came in and bought it all..

Of course theres not a limit you have to limit yourself just like you don't go to the corner store and buy everything so that no one else can. Stop being selfish and grow up.
Thanks given by:
tbh its all first come, first serve there
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Of course theres not a limit you have to limit yourself just like you don't go to the corner store and buy everything so that no one else can. Stop being selfish and grow up.

Do you go to a petrol station and think "I'll only put £20 in even though my tank is empty as I don't want them to run out and nobody else be able to get any fuel, that would be terrible"

or do you do the same as everyone else does and buy what you need to on a first come first served basis??
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Thats not the primary use for vegy oil though is it? We are lucky we can get away with it, if people keep taking the piss they might make it illegal.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Thats not the primary use for vegy oil though is it? We are lucky we can get away with it, if people keep taking the piss they might make it illegal.

pretty sure the government has bigger worries than a few diesel enthusiasts running cars on veg. oil, i can assure you.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vegy tar on chassis 306Puggy 13 2,867 25-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Jtrigga