Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foobys' I'll fix your internet thread'
connecting wirelessly?

if so, try a wired connection to the router and try that..

also bear in mind that the connection you have to sky is one thing, the speedtest is also dependant on the load on the server/infrastructure past sky (out on the route to the speed test server you have chosen)

Try a few different servers,

i usually use (as well as a quick test)
maidstone, kent,

northern ireland,

and one over in germany somewhere,

How recently is recently? they base their estimates on location of you, cabinate and exchange. This does not include quality of the line in between you and the cabinate (old cable etc) or the conjestion in the area.

it also takes a few weeks (mine was stable at 38meg in 2 but had lower speeds to start with) as they start you low and the hardware moniters the line and adjusts it for best quality/speed ratio (ie itll start slow, looking for errors and slowely increase the speed until it starts to see errors then knock the speed down a little to where it was stable again)

i would suggest phoning them up and going through the issue, explaining that you are approximately 33% lower than the speed estimate and ask them to investigate. it sounds a little naughty but if you remove the modem plug a few times (when you arent using the connection) it simulates connection instability for their systems that are watching it, remember to do it a few times a day, random times, for random durations (few seconds to 20 or so seconds).
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Foobys' I'll fix your internet thread' - by Fooby - 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
RE: Foobys' I'll fix your internet thread' - by toseland - 14-07-2014, 08:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PC techy help... Slow internet Piggy 17 3,428 20-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Total Prick From An Internet Forum bigcheez2k3 1 1,353 11-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Last Post: shokenore
  Internet browser problem padge 5 1,703 25-03-2014, 12:35 AM