Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foobys' I'll fix your internet thread'
Just noticed this thread. I'm normally pretty tech savvy but thought id post here and see if there's anything I've missed. Recently been activated to fttc. I'm about half mile from the cabinet by the wire which is along the road I measured minus what I see cuts out above houses. Exchange is then about another half mile from there. I've been activated first as I'm connected to the same cabinet as a local Eco-enterprise park.

I'm with sky which is llu provider near me. I'm on the unlimited fibre package and was estimated 30mpbs do and 5mbps (from memory) BT also offered same speed estimate. Had the service a few months now and it peaks at 19/20mbps. Any time of the day or night. My mums friend who lives opposite gets a steady 30 as estimated. Been on the phone to sky who forever say there's a line fault and send a bt engineer out who check over everything and say all is fine. I call back say no change and it forever repeats like so. I live in countryside and I'm just in the fibre enabled catchment area. I'm happy with what I have now but wouldn't mind if I could get more. I was getting 6mbps down on adsl.

Few bits to note:
Connected to master socket (recently relocated by bt and told the line signal quality was fantastic) using the newer openreach design socket (no extensions off this line)
Tried different microfilters
Using the sky fibre with Vdsl modem built in router (black one)
Tested wired as only connection and wireless etc.
Tried a friends router too.
Constantly asked if they will change my profile (I believe they can do it and it would make a difference and it's all to do with the most stable connection.
Tried the test socket.

Any other thoughts just ask.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Foobys' I'll fix your internet thread' - by Fooby - 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Foobys' I'll fix your internet thread' - by Razorback_Rob - 13-07-2014, 11:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PC techy help... Slow internet Piggy 17 3,434 20-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Total Prick From An Internet Forum bigcheez2k3 1 1,354 11-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Last Post: shokenore
  Internet browser problem padge 5 1,705 25-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Last Post: padge