Mis-fire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mis-fire
Cold starts and the car misfires soon as get going and the engine is up to temp it stops, also the engine is hunting but was like that way before the misfire, anyone know about this.
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
Mine is beginning to do this, was thinking it was probably injectors at 175k tbh. How many miles is your on?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Near to 170k mate injectors tick on mine as well then stops round about 3k rpm
Thanks given by:
Hahaha either that's a clue or suspicious coincidence! When i get around to it i'm going to try swapping some decent injectors in, see if it makes a difference. How soon do you need to know?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This can't be a milage thing....the injectors on rowells estate sound awful at 109k, but the ones on my China barely make a noise at 120k lol. There's also a slight misfire on rowells on a cold start and its also ridiculously flat and slow when its cold, I know the cold map is different but I haven't had another car so noticeably slower in the morning lol. Definitely the injectors.....but only done 109k!!
Thanks given by:
Mine seems fine on power, I notice the misfire on idle. Soon as it warms up its fine. Poodle u get a spare set of injectors mate, I know what your like with spare parts lol. And also I have a stage 1 map on it would it affect the map if I put another set of injectors in.
Thanks given by:
I know the hdi's don't seem to rely on glow plugs as much but could it not be the plugs?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Never thought of that young Phillip cheers mate
Thanks given by:
Doubt it being one of the plugs........unless a tip's snapped off while it was running as that'll cause a misfire.......trust me I should know after it happened to mine last year!
Thanks given by:
The car I'm driving atm does the same as you describe and I'm fairly sure its dropped a glowie but its not a hdi
Thanks given by:
Here's a couple of photos showing what the tip of the glow plug that broke off did to my old engine......

[Image: 001-4.jpg]
[Image: 004-1.jpg]

Made a proper mess of it lol
Thanks given by:
Tom. We could have a glow plug changing session :-)
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a plan lol
Thanks given by:
Unless one has broken off it won't be glow plugs causing the problem.

Tom, as discussed before, it's not just mileage that causes these problems, Rowell's estate has clearly been abused in the past, hence everything on it is dying now. However, here we have two cars with similar lives, mileage and near identical issues showing every sign of correlation, to assume that the solution couldn't be the same would be stupid.

I haven't got a spare set at the moment Tom, can have a look for you when i head over to silverlake next? Best bet is probably ebay tbh, as long as they can show the mileage, you might be waiting a while on me lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Wow, I'd never seen HDi pistons before, they have exactly the same shape as the PD ones!! Smile

For some reason I assumed the PD ones would have been specially tailored for vw and Pug would just use any old crap. lol so if the pistons/block are near enough identical, its not that causing the lack of efficiency on the HDi comparatively, must be almost all to do with the fuel system then. Hmmm.
Thanks given by:
Fair point mr poodle, I can't do nothing about it now ran out of dollar. I've got a nice little list for parts to buy end of month, tyres being my main priority lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust Fire Ring HDi--Power 10 1,643 10-06-2015, 02:11 AM
Last Post: HDi--Power