SRowells W Reg Diablo 1.8

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells W Reg Diablo 1.8
Well that time has come to move to the estate and as such I cant run two cars and I dont want store this as it deserves to be out there on the road! I bought this just over a year ago and it has never let me down!

Mot and tax till march iirc but ill check!

[Image: jEsHk1nmOBWL3.jpg]
[Image: jCsrALisMQM7U.jpg]
[Image: jSGrvYnRLTvwc.jpg]

Its had lots of modifications and this year was on track at both FCS and pugfest where it posted a time of just under a minute up the hill!

Modifications wise it has a gti6 inlet manifold and a decat which bumped it up to 123hp (FCS2012) from 108hp (RS Tuning Leeds) when i first got it. This is an advert and not a discussion of whether rolling roads are accurate or not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP5kt2XjAcM

[Image: samuelrowellATHTOMAILCOUK.jpg]

The car was lowered 60mm rear and 30mm so i balanced that out more by lowering the front to 60mm. As a result it has caught on a lot of things and damaged the front bumper which now has a small crack in the middle.

Both myself and Toms306 serviced this car whilst Dec watched and the MOT was carried out by Carl Chambers.

Bad points - It needs new tyres all round, the front fans work 0% of the time 100% of the time and the uprated front struts are showing signs of rust so could probably do with replacing. Chip on the passenger side of the windscreen. Small amount of lacquer peel on the near side of the rear bumper.

£800 and its yours!
Thanks given by:
bump!
Thanks given by:
bump and edited!
Thanks given by:
Absolute best of luck selling this and hopefully it stays within the forum - always loved this car!
Thanks given by:
Why was it never that shiny while you had it!? Sad

Will say though, its genuinely a decent car for that money, still with room for a few more mods for someone to put thier own mark on. Smile
Thanks given by:
No idea what youre talking about Tom! Looks shiney enough to me!

[Image: IMG_1318-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1350.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1274-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You say the fans don't work? Does it not overheat?
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I'd never seen it that shiny lol! lol

If it ovrheats just drive faster for better airflow. Wink
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2012, 11:14 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: You say the fans don't work? Does it not overheat?

It would if you stopped for long enough. Only once has the stop light appeared and that was the first time I realised the fans didnt work! Heaters on full blast keeps it at 90 which is fine.

This is something I will fix though! I may also be getting a better condition rear bumper and boot lid for it so that it is absolutely mint!
Thanks given by:
I'd f*cking love that!!!

Unfortunately I'd never be able to raise the funds Sad
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 07:20 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: I'd f*cking love that!!!

Unfortunately I'd never be able to raise the funds Sad

dont make me not want to sell it! haha
Thanks given by:
Car has now had all modifications removed apart from the GTI6 intake manifold, decat and 60mm lowering. It is now sitting on swallows. No tax atm but I can tax it if buyer wants. I keep driving it now and again to keep everything running. Sounds and pulls great!

£650 takes it!
Thanks given by:
Sam guessing you put your black masks on the estate ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2013, 11:58 PM)7057sam Wrote: Sam guessing you put your black masks on the estate ?

yep and one had no mounts left what so ever. Ill be buying some new ones soon. CSpellowe does them for a reasonable price if you want some!

Ill put the masks back on the 1.8 if that makes you buy it though! haha
Thanks given by:
cl dude, so you ploughing the money from this into the estate, what you planning on doing ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2013, 12:17 AM)7057sam Wrote: cl dude, so you ploughing the money from this into the estate, what you planning on doing ?

its all in the estate thread in my signature Smile
Thanks given by:
Ive got a bit of footage on this from the fcs parade lap.
I was about 2 cars behind you. Was hoping to see mine on your vid but think you only just caught the front end.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get in on ebay while it's still got a couple of months MOT Sam. £850 BIN or BO and tell them you'll put 6 months tax on at the asking price.
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2013, 12:58 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: Ive got a bit of footage on this from the fcs parade lap.
I was about 2 cars behind you. Was hoping to see mine on your vid but think you only just caught the front end.

link? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
bump!
Thanks given by:
Bump! Tax is out and MOT will be running out any time soon.

At the moment it has a decat and a standard phase 3 boot lid which has lacquer peel. The car is in really good condition but with a few small parking dents and the peeling boot. I wanted to keep my smooth boot so thats why the boot lid doesnt match the overall condition of the car!

£600 takes it in its current state. Ill be fixing the various problems and probably putting it through a fresh MOT when im back from uni!
Thanks given by:
Has this been painted? looks like the only diablo I've ever seen which doesn't have laqour peel everywhere...
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
nope its all standard paintwork! The pics in the OP are from when i bought the car off SilverFox just over a year ago and the ones further down are from the last Pugfest. There is a bit of lacquer peel on the back left of the rear bumper and a patch the size of a 5p on the roof. The boot lid I picked up from the scrap yard at the weekend as I wanted to save my smooth one.

Ill need to get some pictures of how it is now as its looking a bit sorry for itself. Definitely needs a clean! Took it for a spin at the weekend up the road and it started first time after being stored for 3 months with no use Smile

Atm only mods are: gti6 intake manifold, lowered 60mm. Its on 14" swallows with good tyres. Interior is mint!
Thanks given by:
If anyone is interested I am buying a mint condition boot lid and rear bumper. This car will be completely mint condition apart from a split front bumper! Ill hopefully put a fresh MOT on it and some tax when I am back from university! I will not break this.
Thanks given by:
bump... £500 no MOT or Tax. Comes on swallows with new tyres. Over the summer Ill get it taxed and MOTd and the price will go up.
Thanks given by:
Suprised you hasn't sold this yet. It's a stunner
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just ebay it ffs lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 09:00 AM)puglove Wrote: Just break it ffs lol

Agreed. Wink lol
Thanks given by:
Its not worth anything in parts! Its got a mint interior but even those go for £50 these days. The smooth boot I wont let go and the rest is worthless really. Nobody is after doors, wings and bonnets unless they are pennies!
Thanks given by:
I made a grand from a f*cked HDi estate despite binning the majority of the body panels and the half leathers..........there is money in your 1.8 if you had the time and space to break it properly.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells 1999 306 1.4 LX Eeyore 7 2,851 18-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore