Turbo talk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo talk
Ok so my mate has a TT 225, freshly rebuilt engine, slight re-bore, forged internals, running like a dream as he's spent 5k on that engine and it's deffinatly pushing 225 or maybe more BHP.
We had a blast on a private strip of land from 70mph and we were dead even. From lower speeds I reckon I could pull from him. We are both running K04's BTW and my one actually came off his car during the rebuild lol.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Your K04, being a tad different in terms of capabilities compared to a gt15 killing itself at 35psi lol.

At higher speeds, TT's/S3's will just completely ra*e to 140mph no sweat. Yours will be in its stride at lower speeds with its lower weight etc. TT obviously have the problem on having more transmission losses. So in truth, people are thinking 225 is crazy horses, but in reality, the 225 Cupra R's tend to have the edge in straight line performance and are what people expect all 225's to be like. So that coupled with the stupid weight, and they aren't hugely impressive lower down...
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 09:22 PM)Matty Wrote: Your K04, being a tad different in terms of capabilities compared to a gt15 killing itself at 35psi lol.

At higher speeds, TT's/S3's will just completely ra*e to 140mph no sweat. Yours will be in its stride at lower speeds with its lower weight etc. TT obviously have the problem on having more transmission losses. So in truth, people are thinking 225 is crazy horses, but in reality, the 225 Cupra R's tend to have the edge in straight line performance and are what people expect all 225's to be like. So that coupled with the stupid weight, and they aren't hugely impressive lower down...

Saying that, another mates got a Cupra R 225, de-cat bla bla bla and he just stuck with me when I had a passenger. In light cars such as mine having 2 people in the car affect the power to weight quit alot.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Oh of course yea. Having someone sitting in the car as well, you certainly notice the difference!

What does the "bla bla bla" mean? If that 225 has the usual, remap/de-cat/induction. He could be pushing like 270bhp... I don't think you'd stand a chance after the initial lighting up of tyres and banging into second..
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
Thanks given by:
I meant the typical de-cat, back box and air filter. No re-map, stage 1 maps only give them 245bhp on a decent one.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Ah righto mate. If you get the right induction & flowing exhaust and go the right places, a stage 1 map has seen the 225 boys at 270/280bhp.

It's when people get these standard stage 1 maps, and there induction is shite. The standard one is as bad as the DT's. Coming off the inlet its straight onto a bend with a stupid diameter and therefore the turbo just can't deliver..

Well, am impressed. Being that the Cupra must be producing 230bhp~ and he can just stick with you! Wink Credit to the XUD... Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 09:43 PM)Matty Wrote: Ah righto mate. If you get the right induction & flowing exhaust and go the right places, a stage 1 map has seen the 225 boys at 270/280bhp.

It's when people get these standard stage 1 maps, and there induction is shite. The standard one is as bad as the DT's. Coming off the inlet its straight onto a bend with a stupid diameter.

Well, am impressed. Being that the Cupra must be producing 230bhp~ and he can just stick with you! Wink Credit to the XUD... Smile

Pretty sure that's a stage 2 your on about but you could be right. Yeah not bad for a John Deer sounding 205 Wink I was expecting to be done TBH
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I only just parted from my S3 and browsing 225 forums 'n' what have you, and stage 2 can see just above those amounts. Again, all depends where you go. Generally, like on here, a pattern emerges and so everyone does it (like TD04 etc for good reason of course). Same with them, everyone swears by one tuner, one induction product, everyone gets it, everyone produces 270bhp. Tongue But anyway, I'm digressing & off topic.
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2012, 11:14 AM)Mowle5677 Wrote: I think it won't kick in till about 2.5k, what would be a better turbo than a td04 but will kick in abit sooner?

Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere please Smile

From the way my car left yours the other day I don't think you need to be worrying.

Wink
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 11:15 PM)Jake Wrote:
(05-11-2012, 11:14 AM)Mowle5677 Wrote: I think it won't kick in till about 2.5k, what would be a better turbo than a td04 but will kick in abit sooner?

From the way my car left yours the other day I don't think you need to be worrying.

Wink

Have you 2 done any 0-60 sprints? I need to prove a point to someone that bigger turbo's are better. ninja
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 08:46 AM)strictly_derv Wrote:
(10-11-2012, 11:15 PM)Jake Wrote:

Wink

Have you 2 done any 0-60 sprints? I need to prove a point to someone that bigger turbo's are better. ninja

No we haven't yet but ill make sure we take a trip to my local privet runway before his bigger turbo is fitted.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Not heard torque be mentioned as yet :S puzzles me this its alway bhp and boost haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2012, 04:27 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 04:17 PM)silverzx Wrote: My T25 doesn't reach full boost til way past 4k! Laggy turbo ftw!

Shouldnt be that late at all jenks kicks in wayy before 4k more fuel needed IMO lol

as for a GT15 running 35-40psi ?? serious is that possible on a chicken neck turbo, thats a tiny turbo making all that boost :S i couldnt get a T2 or K14 past 30 on a 9mm what pump u got?
I would like to bet he does not has the t peice on his boost gauge so there fore will read higher???
Thanks given by:
Huh? Pressure is pressure, just because there's more volume to fill, doesn't mean the pressure is less!

I think the fact a 175hp DT will get from 30-70mph in sub 5.3 seconds proves a point... That's quicker than an E36 M3... Don't get me wrong 300+ lbft of torque helps... And that is lbft, not NM for the people who don't know the difference Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talk exhaust.... blinkyeatu 20 4,055 24-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Last Post: 306pc
  Turbo talk. bashbarnard 65 16,469 30-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Turbo talk Danny2009 6 1,519 16-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Last Post: ADV_93