turbo problems :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turbo problems :D
Hello, fitted a k14-2, ran fine for about a day, but has started a funny whine sometimes at low boost, like 2-3 psi style. Once it gets up the boost its fine, no whines, holds boost fine, spools fine, and can spin it by hand easily enough

It doesnt whine all the time but, just sometimes, its doing my head in, started it last night. as far as i can see its not leaking any oil either

Any help would be great, dont wanna wreck the turbo and it just fitted
Thanks given by:
My first guess would be that the air intake pipe has come slightly loose on the turbo, check that's still on and both jubilees are tight
Thanks given by:
there isnt a air intake pipe on it, straight into the turbo atm, unless something keeps blocking the intake to the turbo of abit?

edit: it wouldnt be anything to do with high egt?, had it down the road there and under normal driving it didnt do it, but when i gave it abit of death it started it again?, it only done it last night after abit of death aswell
Thanks given by:
Could of eaten something?
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
aye, thinking it may have picked up abit of grit, all the blades seem ofk from wot i can feel, spins ok

the whinning has gone from low boost now, gonna rig up abit of an intake for her, and take the filter outa the oil feed pipe incase shes naw gettin enough oil aswell

edit, this is what she was doin
[Image: 20121102_184125.mp4]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 D Turbo heater problems gazsa401 21 6,245 13-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: gazsa401
  Facelift berlingo d turbo rear engine mount problems Jamieh2013 7 2,290 12-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  T2 Turbo Problems Conor_DTS 19 4,038 30-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31