Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:Ed, atleast your's is High-Spec VAGaygay though Wink

Dan's is a "highline" mind mate lol
Thanks given by:
3DHDi Wrote:

Still a VW though Tongue

Much prefer the Audi's much better styling imo. Not gonna denie, this is the first VW I like.. so i might look into VAG one day..
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:
3DHDi Wrote:

Still a VW though Tongue

Much prefer the Audi's much better styling imo. Not gonna denie, this is the first VW I like.. so i might look into VAGaygay one day..

Tis the only vag I like, that's why I got it lol
Thanks given by:
Sickest VW i no, exept obviously my mums VW Sharan!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Still not tired of the VAG word filter lmao

Is that a Jetta badge I see on the back?

The wheels are definitely growing on me mate! Car's looking good Wink Standard having Hannah sat in the car while you're taking photos too haha
Thanks given by:
the 2 of my favourite volks are the sharan vr6 (old one) nice family car then a little bit of a monster when your bored lol and the corraddo

got to admit i aint a fan of the wheels but its your car and if you like them fair play Smile
Thanks given by:
Old school Corrado's are mental. I love them
Thanks given by:
Nothing too exciting but im planning to change the wheel fitment a bit tomorrow. Got 2 3mm spacers, 2 6mm spacers and currently running 15mm rear adapters and 20mm fronts. Thinking im gonna put the 20mm adapters from the front onto the back making +5mm more at the back, then stick the 15mm adapters onto the front and put a 6mm spacer in there too, making it +1mm at the front. OR I might stick the 6mm spacers on the back and the 3mm's on the front, that might be a bit naughty though...... Also dropping the front another 10mm and probably raising the rear 5mm or so to accomodate the extra girth at the back. Also looking at 1* camber shims for the rear. Hmmmmmmmm. Il get before and after photos whatever I do though Big Grin
Thanks given by:
[Image: 414220874a7538037143l.jpg]

could look pretty awesome to be fair..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
This is the stance im going for............

[Image: 6663919809_72dbacdedb_b.jpg]

:romance-inlove:
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome mate! Loads of my mates a big in the 'dub' scene! Really want an old school jetta!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:This is the stance im going for............

[Image: 6663919809_72dbacdedb_b.jpg]

:romance-inlove:

Really?? Do you not have potholes in Norfolk......or infact catseyes would be too much for that I think! Tongue
Thanks given by:
...............And thats why you suck :p
Thanks given by:
Go for that stance! Hoping to get some nice stance on my 306, 14" banded steels and nice and low!
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:...............And thats why you suck :p

I agree it looks good that low.....but I scrape the front bumper (and towbar!) at standard height lol, so you couldn't drive that anywhere!! ....I am thinking about a bit of lowerage though. ninja
Thanks given by:
The cars filthy but I put my +6mm rear spacers on lat night and raised the rear about 6/7mm to compensate. So arch gap is about the same but shes pokeyer lol Also assesed the arch damage over the weekend, conclusion - lots.....

[Image: 6714204443_c391a7327d_z.jpg]
Arch fail by Daan!, on Flickr

[Image: 6714199543_3076fbb5c9_z.jpg]
Front IF / Rear OOF by Daan!, on Flickr

[Image: 6714190301_0f82b38fbb_z.jpg]
Front OOF / Rear IF by Daan!, on Flickr

[Image: 6714193083_d3ee4e28b0_z.jpg]
Arch fail by Daan!, on Flickr

[Image: 6714195739_3c381a9a0e_z.jpg]
+6mm rear spacers by Daan!, on Flickr

[Image: 6714201853_9e227c6ee1_z.jpg]
Keep calm and carry on by Daan!, on Flickr

Got paint flaking off badly on both rears and the front left was there when I got the car but I sanded it down at the weekend to see how rusty it was. Its pretty bad but I may just silver hammerite it and see how it goes, looks better than rust thats for sure lol

Il be fitting my +3mm front spacers tonight and might get some proper whole car photos 8)
Thanks given by:
I'm confused....did you just ruin all your arches by fitting wheels that are too big? Tongue

I've lost bits of my front arches.....huge lumps fall out everytime I was it lol.....why the hell didn't VW coat them in something rust proof like the 306s are! Hmm
Thanks given by:
That looks awesome mate!
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:I'm confused....did you just ruin all your arches by fitting wheels that are too big? Tongue

I've lost bits of my front arches.....huge lumps fall out everytime I was it lol.....why the hell didn't VW coat them in something rust proof like the 306s are! Hmm

Sortofyes. lol The fronts arent my fault though and the rears arent too bad tbh, il just have to blend the paint in at some point (when its not 0*c) and be more careful.

foxy-jim Wrote:That looks awesome mate!

Thanks man! Almost happy with it now, just got to bring the front down another 5mm at the weekend after iv fitted my engine raisers and done my chassis notch then get a smooth front rubstrip :romance-inlove:
Thanks given by:
Liking the progress with this Smile

Form>Function and all that...............
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Form>Function and all that...............

Tbh, I prefer function in an elegant form..... ninja

And lol Dan, it does look good though!! (from a distance where you cant see the arches Tongue )
Thanks given by:
Looking good man! Cool

Toms306 Wrote:I've lost bits of my front arches.....huge lumps fall out everytime I was it lol.....why the hell didn't VW coat them in something rust proof like the 306s are! Hmm

Erm, like galvanise them like all VAG's have been for years? Mine was covered by Audi's anti-corrosion warranty for 12 years - not sure if it's the same for all VAGaygay's. Obviously they have a million reasons they won't rectify certain faults, like external influence or insufficient care as they put it.

Still, a fair few people have had an independent inspection settle in their favour.
Thanks given by:
Curt Wrote:Looking good man! Cool

Toms306 Wrote:I've lost bits of my front arches.....huge lumps fall out everytime I was it lol.....why the hell didn't VW coat them in something rust proof like the 306s are! Hmm

Erm, like galvanise them like all VAGaygay's have been for years? Mine was covered by Audi's anti-corrosion warranty for 12 years - not sure if it's the same for all VAGaygay's. Obviously they have a million reasons they won't rectify certain faults, like external influence or insufficient care as they put it.

Still, a fair few people have had an independent inspection settle in their favour.

I'm pretty sure golfs aren't galvsnised, they rust within about 5 or 6 years of being made! And all the ones 10th years plus have bubbly rusty arches....
Thanks given by:
No rot on my Octavia and that's 10 year old...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:I'm pretty sure golfs aren't galvsnised, they rust within about 5 or 6 years of being made! And all the ones 10th years plus have bubbly rusty arches....

I've had 14 of the things, and currently own the Audi equivalent, I think I should know?!

Mine has NO rust anywhere, and it's 13 years old. Once agian, I'm afraid to say, you're talking bollocks.

Sorry Dan, I'll be quiet now.
Thanks given by:
Can I just say I was one of the ones who talked you into those wheels...

Looks epic now mate. Actually epic. Just glad i'm not the one who has to drive it!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Curt Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:I'm pretty sure golfs aren't galvsnised, they rust within about 5 or 6 years of being made! And all the ones 10th years plus have bubbly rusty arches....

I've had 14 of the things, and currently own the Audi equivalent, I think I should know?!

Mine has NO rust anywhere, and it's 13 years old. Once agian, I'm afraid to say, you're talking bollocks.

Sorry Dan, I'll be quiet now.

You've had 14 mk4s?

Anyway, every mk4s I've looked at had rusty arches and as you can see from dans...his does too. Guess you must have been lucky with yours.....

Search rusty arch on mkivs.net if you don't believe me......
Thanks given by:
Nice looking car that mate, wheels are mint. Is it the tdi130 model? any plans performance wise?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
It's a .tdi 100 lol. Tongue ....mines a 130bhp model....Butn I'd rather have the spec of dans!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 40,486 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182