PRO'S AND CON'S OF RUNNING A BOSH PUMP ON VEG?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRO'S AND CON'S OF RUNNING A BOSH PUMP ON VEG?
I thought mine was a bit broken because it hunts on veg from cold...from this thread seems that's normal. Goes away once it's warm or it's just on pump diesel.
Thanks given by:
Oh right so what would be the best mixture someone said a little petrol aswel?
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2012, 05:43 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I thought mine was a bit broken because it hunts on veg from cold...from this thread seems that's normal. Goes away once it's warm or it's just on pump diesel.

That's correct it hunts like fook in morning
Thanks given by:
Pro's... 100 miles for a tenner. That's like back to 2004 prices, ish.

I don't really have problems with cold starts. Just get in, start it and go, if you're moving it don't konk out. Had to scrape windscreen at 6am this morning, car started on the button Smile running about 10% derv.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
I'm still running pure veg and had no issues, and I live in the far North lol

Might treat it to a bit of diesel soon. Maybe.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2012, 09:51 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: I'm still running pure veg and had no issues, and I live in the far North lol

Might treat it to a bit of diesel soon. Maybe.

i'm still on pure sunflower . . . .have a technique now where i have left foot on clutch, toe of right foot on brake and right heel on accelerator to keep the revs up high enough to stop her hunting when i come to a temporary stop . . . . . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
^^^^ Repped, this man knows.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(02-11-2012, 09:59 PM)Anton Wrote: ^^^^ Repped, this man knows.

thought i'd share the secret knowledge, if anyone asks to drive my car i'm like, "you wouldn't like it, it takes a knack" . . . . .cue them looking at me strange like . .Big Grin

brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "heel and toe" . .lmao
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Matt you're right on the ball with that on bud! lol exactly same thing I do when its still all cold/cloudly in the tank Wink Can see the VE pressures like through the floor, probably scoring the f*ck out the vanes but hay ho no issues after 30k! :p
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by: