Irish Newbie in Essex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irish Newbie in Essex
Hello, i have already posted looking for help in another thread so it would be rude not to introduce myself here.
Im a peugeot fan currently running a Moonstone Blue V-Reg 3-door HDI (owned 4 years and 3 days today!). previously had a 406 hdi (excellent) and before that a 106 1.4 petrol (great craic to drive but prefer the diesel).
Anyway there i am, introduced.
thanks!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, where are you located?

If you havent started modding your hdi prepare to start, derv tuning is very big on here and it wont take you long to catch the bug

oh and get some pics up!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Cheers mate, im located in Chelmsford.
i will get a pic up soon, but the only "mod" so far is a different radio! i have to say im pretty happy with the bog standard spec, i got it at 60k and now its 110k and apart from regular servicing the only thing iv done is chang the bottom pulley.
i would be interested in engine mods though, i will have a read around the site over the next while and see whats available / recommended!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along :-)
Give it a remap and unlock what it should have had as standard
They limited it as it was rivalling the CSI and they wanted it to run smokeleaa in 40 degree heat. So plenty of free gains to have :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome. Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
Another Moonstone HDI, welcome along Big Grin
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2012, 12:06 AM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Welcome along :-)
Give it a remap and unlock what it should have had as standard
They limited it as it was rivalling the CSI and they wanted it to run smokeleaa in 40 degree heat. So plenty of free gains to have :-)

jaysus lads thanks for the welcome! quite interested in what you said above..unlock what it should have had as standard eh?..she's 90bhp as it is now and i reckon its a lively 90, the torque at low revs is great..
What can be got out of it without going to far?..and within safe limits??
Thanks given by:
140-150 bhp with just a map. Front mount intercooler, and better exhaust (less restrictive) with only 110k on it. It wouldnt bat an eye lid. WouldNT make it any less reliable. and wouldnt course any failer that wouldnt happen at 90bhp.

The only thing that may die is the clutch. Which is just a case of replace with another standard clutch. ( this only depends on how warn your current one is

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Welcome! Whereabouts in ireland were you from out of interest?
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club! Smile
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2012, 05:28 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Welcome! Whereabouts in ireland were you from out of interest?

Cheers mate, im from North Tipperary, about dead center of the republic.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Irish and hungry for power! Dturbo Denman 15 3,376 11-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Dturbo Denman
  Hi All! Irish Newbie here lol Logue1996 8 2,464 14-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Newbie from Essex Roscoe_rallye 13 3,736 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Scott