MAF Sensor??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAF Sensor??
Ok, I've confused myself now!! Undecided

Basically as you all know my (Sams) HDi is unbeleivably slow....so I tried a remap today to see if it made a difference.

It did make a difference but still didnt feel as quick as it should, and was coaling like hell!!

Anyway, have just tried unplugging the MAF and driving without it - the power is about the same (might be a little quicker) BUT there is no smoke at all. How can there be no smoke if the ECU can't tell how much airflow there is? Confused

Now when I had a MAF fault on the Golf, the engine literally wouldn't pass 3k rpm which is why I assumed the MAF was OK on the HDi...anyway after Cully explaining to me that the HDI ECU is shite compared to Golf one ( lol ) and why they fail in different ways, it definitely looks like the MAF is at fault right??

Assuming thats right - wheres the best place to purchase one? Or should I just leave it unplugged lol? This could explain my crap mpg I guess....

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Ive still got my working MAF/airbox if you want it Tom..
Thanks given by:
I only need the MAF Jordan, bought a good airbox a few weeks back......how much do you want for it? PM me. Smile
Thanks given by:
i didn't say the ECU was shit i said it was less refined
in this i mean it uses less sensors than the golf to get the fuelling calculation
so if one of the sensors on the pug is screwy the ecu has less chance to compensate

also i believe the map you have uploaded uses airflow figures from the maf to give maximum fuelling so if the maf is under reading you wont get full performance

youve bought a code reader scanner now go and us it to test your car
Thanks given by:
I tested it it earlier, but as I said it's pointless without knowing what the figures should be lol!
Thanks given by:
What figures? If your car feels better and doesn't smoke when you unplug the maf, then replace it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
tom im getting a new on for it so hopefully that will fix it :p
Thanks given by:
Ok Sam, I'll just leave it unplugged for now then. Smile

Poodle, the figures from the live data stream.... It was measuring the gram/sec of air through the maf.
Thanks given by:
Ah i see, was slightly confused there lol. The code reader is earning its keep then, thats good.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-11-2012, 08:48 AM)Poodle Wrote: Ah i see, was slightly confused there lol. The code reader is earning its keep then, thats good.

Yup. Big Grin Its a damn good bit of kit for the price tbh! Smile
Thanks given by: