Honeymoooooooooooooooooooooooon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honeymoooooooooooooooooooooooon
As I'm bored off my little titties at work I thought I'd share with you that Paul and I have started booking our honeymoon - we shall be touring Scotland in a 1972 VW Camper! I can't wait! I hope Paul won't die of pug withdrawal, though, as the girls won't even be wedding cars... Wink

Anyway, I'll go and see what other topics I can leave random posts in... Wink

Happy Friday, everyone! Smile
Thanks given by:
have fun.
Thanks given by:
Enjoy!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Touring in a 1972 vw camper = win!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Touring in a 1972 camper van - I hope your both good with mechanics?! lol
Thanks given by:
Yup! Total win! I basically grew up in one of them things but my parents scrapped theirs when I was still too young to protest so we're hiring one - absolute beauty! Smile
Thanks given by:
That does sound like a cracking plan to me, my Mrs would have hated it though lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I'd love to do that round Cornwall and Devon Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
With us it was the other way around - I had to convince Paul - he called me an old hippie when I first suggested it. But as he hates flying he agreed eventually and after we went to see the camper he's really up for it now! Smile
Thanks given by:
Is it expensive?

(worlds most Yorkshire phrase :p)
Thanks given by:
Erm... It's about £500 for a week, plus fuel and food obviously, but accommodation is cheap (campsites we're staying at are around £12 a night for both of us). Camper comes fully equipped as well with gas cooker, and fridge, and cutlery/crockery etc. So as far as honeymoons go it's dirt cheap! Wink

We looked at just hiring a camper as the wedding car but that would have come to about the same amount but for three hours, rather than a week! That's how I got the idea of getting a camper for the honeymoon.

Only thing is that our guy is really tight on his "zero-points-policy" which means my dad can't drive me to the church in it but hey, after being very upset we've solved that issue and will just use the camper as a photo prop back at the hotel and dad's car to get me to the church. It's an insurance thing, I reckon...
Thanks given by:
Sounds good that! Just bear in mind that those old air-cooled engines are VERY heavy on juice, my mate went down to Cornwall in his '74 bay window in October, he averaged 22 mpg on the way down :o
Thanks given by:
According to the guy we're hiring from his make 8miles to the pound when cruising and we'll be covering just over 700miles. But as it won't all be cruising but mental Scottish roads I reckon we'll make a bit less that 8miles to the pound (I don't do mpg, it's a weird measure that doesn't make sense to my German brain, sorry)... So yeah, we'll definitely have to have some extra cash to dig into for quenching her thirst! Wink
Thanks given by:
My mates doing LPG on his. They should have made a diesel!
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:My mates doing LPG on his. They should have made a diesel!

Stick an XUD with a big turbo in one lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
THE_Liam Wrote:My mates doing LPG on his. They should have made a diesel!

Stick an XUD with a big turbo in one lol

You see the odd one with the 1.6TD from the mk2 Golf/B3 Passat/Audi 80 in it, but the XUD is a far better engine...

I'm getting expensive ideas lol
Thanks given by: