Awesome Avensis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Avensis
(05-11-2012, 08:33 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Are you joking Tom? I've been to Ipswich a fair few times..

I bet you, £5. you'll get at least an email within 24hrs of listing it.

Yeah but I live a good 10 miles from Ipswich! Plenty in town obviously, but people without a car can't get down here to view cars. That's partly why I have so much hassle selling cars tbh.....another reason Shotley is shit lol.

Well Ive listed it....Ill look forward to that fiver.... lol
Thanks given by:
People without cars get a lift with people with cars
Thanks given by:
Well....I've sold 4 of my cars in my village lol. One was scrapped, one was returned, current one will be given back - I've only ever sold 2 cars out of my village lol, and both of those went to Essex!!

Getting lifts is easy enough if you have loads of mates.....I find lifts extremely difficult, especially when rowells at uni, so I can imagine its just as difficult for people in town to come out here.....specially when they coukd probably find a car in town within walking distance of them.
Thanks given by:
Well, posted the ad last night and its still not there.........apparently I have a marker on my gumtree account so all my ad's have to be verified first or some shit like that! Confused

Guess I better stop selling stolen cars and crack on there then lol
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2012, 09:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Getting lifts is easy enough if you have loads of mates.....I find lifts extremely difficult, especially when rowells at uni, so I can imagine its just as difficult for people in town to come out here.....specially when they coukd probably find a car in town within walking distance of them.

Doesnt you're parents drive? Family members? What about mates?
I find that if i ever need a lift somewhere i would be able to get 1 easy.
Not saying its easy for everyone to be able to blag a lift but with that many people driving these days its easier than ever

Oh and with gumtree i had to have my account verified aswell
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2012, 03:34 PM)Strikeforce Wrote:
(05-11-2012, 09:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Getting lifts is easy enough if you have loads of mates.....I find lifts extremely difficult, especially when rowells at uni, so I can imagine its just as difficult for people in town to come out here.....specially when they coukd probably find a car in town within walking distance of them.

Doesnt you're parents drive? Family members? What about mates?
I find that if i ever need a lift somewhere i would be able to get 1 easy.
Not saying its easy for everyone to be able to blag a lift but with that many people driving these days its easier than ever

Oh and with gumtree i had to have my account verified aswell

Well mum and step dad drive yeah......but they're usually at work during the day....which is when you want to view cars, pointless in the dark!! And God forbid I'd have to ask them for anything extra, I already have a free room. Tongue

Other family members? Well Dad would always find an excuse not to, but he lives in town anyway, only other family are my Nans and neither of them drive.

Mates? lol I'd have to find some first.....
Thanks given by:
I bought my DT in the dark, and it's a bloody good car...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Well that's just lucky unless you took a massive torch or something. Tongue
Thanks given by:
No Tom, it's experience Wink
Thanks given by:
If you say so.......theres no way you can tell certain stuff in the dark though, but then I know you're not really fussed by bodywork.

And on another, gumtree still havent put my ad up! Undecided
Thanks given by:
Actually I'm very fussed by bodywork, I found all the damage on my DT with the light of my phone. God gave you eyes, use em!
Thanks given by:
My phone doesn't have a light. Sad
Thanks given by:
lol Fail!
Thanks given by:
lol fail indeed!

Also, gumtree STILL haven't allowed my ad, wankers! Undecided

Hmm, what do we think about a 3 day auction? Want it gone by next week and gumtree aren't even gonna have my ad up at this rate!

What start price would you put though? I was hoping for 800 for it.....
Thanks given by:
Someone tell me what to do please......initiative isn't my strong point... Confused lol
Thanks given by:
Just decide what's the least you'll take, set that as reserve then set the start price a couple of hundred quid below that Wink
Thanks given by:
Want me to come round and set it on fire?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2012, 02:20 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Just decide what's the least you'll take, set that as reserve then set the start price a couple of hundred quid below that Wink

Hmm, ok. Smile

(08-11-2012, 05:06 PM)samass Wrote: Want me to come round and set it on fire?

Hmm, thats not ideal for the money situation! lol On another note, posted your parcel this morning. Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah, but think, you could claim on the insurance then! Big Grin

ahh epic, cheers!

Thanks given by:
(08-11-2012, 07:02 PM)samass Wrote: Ah yeah, but think, you could claim on the insurance then! Big Grin

ahh epic, cheers!

Yeah good idea....oh wait it's the 306 that's insured. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Well, what can I have done wrong this time? 9hours to go - 5 watchers, no bids. WBAC offered about £550 for it so it must be worth £150 on top surely? Im not fussed if it only gets £700, just want rid now....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261125448585?s...1555.l2649
Thanks given by:
if you really want rid, start it low dude, like 500 or less.
but let it roll on, people might bit right at the end

Thanks given by:
I will let it go.....just got it a feeling it'll go unsold again. :/

The problem with starting low is that people dont seem to bid anything up atm, almost all the car parts I've sold so far have gone for thier start price.
Thanks given by:
true, unfortunately, coming up to a bad time for selling cars, up to christmas. you might just have to cut your losses mate

Thanks given by:
Woo, sold at the lst minute! Big Grin

Just hope the buyer doesn't change thier mind! Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Nice one!

Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 09:35 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I will let it go.....just got it a feeling it'll go unsold again. :/

The problem with starting low is that people dont seem to bid anything up atm, almost all the car parts I've sold so far have gone for thier start price.

Like my Bosch pump, started at 99p, won by me at 99p! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, first thing the buyer said was 'theres a lot more body damage here than I expected from the ad' Undecided

But its gone now anyway. Smile
Thanks given by:
mug. they always say that.

Thanks given by:
Well I've never heard it before.....maybe because usually haven't been crashed into everything! Confused
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Awesome 106!!........ Craig-o 19 3,665 17-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Last Post: kingy