Key help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key help
Question 
So went to get my car from car park and the button worked to unlock. Drove 3 miles and parked and buttons no longer work...

Do these keys have batteries? Are the replaceable?
If I unscrew the cover and have a peek am I likely to render the key unusable even to start the engine or is that unaffected by opening it up (just incase I dislodge something) even if to check any electrics inside.

Help appreciated from anyone who can shed any light on any of this... Smile
Thanks given by:
remove the screw prise the two halfs apart PH3 RF fobs take 1x CR1620 lithium 3v cell
dont loose the small chip circled

[Image: keychip.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks Cully. Smile
Thanks given by:
Be lucky if that chip just falls out, I spent 15 minutes trying to get mine free earlier today, bastard little thing!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
lol. It turned out it just started working again a few hours later as didn't have time to open it up. Money on the battery going or loose connections?
Thanks given by:
Loose connections i'd say, if the battery was going you'd just have to get progressively closer to the car to be able to unlock it. I've had that problem before, ended up one day with the key pressed against the window for a couple of minutes pointing it at all different angles to try and make it work, before realising there's a perfectly good lock barrel in the door lol. Rolleyes
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-11-2012, 09:24 AM)Poodle Wrote: Loose connections i'd say, if the battery was going you'd just have to get progressively closer to the car to be able to unlock it. I've had that problem before, ended up one day with the key pressed against the window for a couple of minutes pointing it at all different angles to try and make it work, before realising there's a perfectly good lock barrel in the door lol. Rolleyes

Really strange thing is that this hasn't happened since. Smile
Thanks given by:
Can you swap the body of the keys, i got myself a ph3 hdi but it only came with one key and little black bit in the corner where you can put it on a key ring is broken, can i just buy another key and swap it over?
Thanks given by:
Hopefully someone else will let you know, as I haven't the faintest idea... :/
Thanks given by: