Cam belt failure ''Lucky''

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam belt failure ''Lucky''
My dw8 berlingo had a lucky t - belt failure

the shaft that the tensioner slides onto broke off the block, with the remaining thread left in the block, i noticed an unusual noise and turned the car off,when i removed the t-belt cover the tensioner fell onto the floor

Any ideas on how to remove this broken thread from the block,space is limited down there, or is this an engine out job??

On a lucker note now damage has been done,timing holes line up belt is still on,no valves bent eitherAngel
Thanks given by:
i would say engine out to get proper access as that's gonna be a lady garden to extract in that tight space
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Yeh engine out tbh, you could faff about trying to drill it but in reality, just lift the enging 2 feet out, leaving all electrics/most pipes connected, just remove the driveshafts and disconnect exhaust and you may get it high enough...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As dave says, lift the engine out. Much less faff than you might think, and you might even find it doesn't have to come all the way out..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HG failure? Nathan1305 13 3,800 10-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305
Exclamation Belt slapping wildly - belt tensioned - pics added ginge191 57 28,811 25-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31