Jumping on Part Throttle!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping on Part Throttle!?
Ok this is really irritating me now, seems to be pretty much any speed where I'm using 'medium-light' throttle. For example, 40 in 5th is barely any throttle and the cars fine, 60 in 5th uses a suprising large amount of throttle and its fine......but 50 in 5th is crap, really jumpy/jerky and its so bad you can watch the gearstick moving with it! Undecided Same for different speeds in other gears, but always between 1.2 and 2k rpm with part throttle. Touch the acc pedal or let it off then the jump stops instantly.

Now I'd assume it's some sensor not working right on part throttle but is ok under a reasonable amount - however theres no codes on it now so not sure what it could be?

Anyone else got this problem or know what it is??

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
50 in 5th feck that dont change into 5th till atleast 80mph
Thanks given by:
lol no wonder your fuel consumptions shite! Tongue

Bit on a serious note, done a few long stints on 50mph stretches lately....the jumping was driving me mental, the cure is to drive a bit faster obviously.....but some poeople seem to think speed limits aren't targets! Confused Tongue
Thanks given by:
Ah yes, the annoying lady garden who can't deal with driving at the national limit on a two-way carriageway, but inevitably speeds up upon reaching a suitable overtaking place...

Considered together with your crap mpg and power i'd be inclined to get your turbo and injectors looked at fella, is there any smoke at all on start-up, normal running or full throttle?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Theres no visible smoke at all from the drivers seat during the day, doesnt coal like the Golf used to lol. A bit under full throttle at night in other cars headlights though, but really not much. I honestly dont know where the fuel goes, its not leaking, its not making power, and its not making smoke! Confused

Turbo is a little whistly, but no worse than most HDis I've heard. I'm pretty sure its injector related, but its only done 108k, they shouldnt need changing yet surely!?
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, no clues there then. Turbo's shouldn't whistle full-stop dude...

And you wouldn't think so, but i changed mine at ~100k and got a considerable hike in mpg.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
my turbo whistles always has and moreso after decat id say thats normal unless its excesive
Thanks given by:
I know they shouldnt Poodle but I'm yet to hear a HDi turbo that doesn't lol.

Hmm, ok, did you get recon injectors or low milage originals?
Thanks given by:
Low milage, cheaper and correct me if i'm wrong but arn't cullys recon'd ones starting to make noise again?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
tom i wouldnt bother with the recon mine were noisey again in just over 12months
ive put a second hand set of 307 110 low milage recently
but if i were you id put a stg 1 map on first
Thanks given by:
I won't be changing injectors yet, I'll leave that up to Sam when he's decided what he wants to do with it. Was hoping there might be a dodgy cheap sensor to replace lol.

I'm a little worried it won't take a remap! Confused
Thanks given by:
Fair enough haha, the only one ive had that whistles is my current one and the way it smokes at high revs its definitely a bit knack'd.

There must be something substantial we're missing here, i dont understand why some can get 60 plus mpg and others are struggling to get over 45... hmmm...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm going to do a full on, all out eco run, using the whole tank and report back. I'll also get my brother, who now has a standard HDi estate and similar driving style, to do the same. Could be interesting...
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
id sooner have my smiles per mile than feathers in my shoes Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2012, 02:49 PM)cully Wrote: id sooner have my smiles per mile than feathers in my shoes Big Grin

Couldnt agree more cully! lol

As for the jumping on part throttle.....pass, ill get my coat and let someone who knows what they're talking about take the stand. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i would presume its something to do with the injectors! D: will ahve to keep my eyes open! and of course it will take a stage 1! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
As said, sounds injector related! Mine is doing the same and have had a guy look at it while on RR and he says it's the injectors!!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Shame its not a golf really, even pd injectors last longer than these ones haha. lmao

But ok then, I'll leave it for now and assume it is the injectors. Smile
Thanks given by:
Longer than 12 years? It's not just mileage that makes the difference. Wink

Besides, almost everything on a car is a service item if you look at a long enough period. Plus you can pick up a low-mileage set of injectors for £50 if you look a while.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah I've just sold my low milage (for a pd) injectors on ebay, 136k, 10 years old - £130!! Big Grin. There's sets on there for double that too! :O

And yes my mates pd115 is on a w plate with the original injectors and more miles than the HDi lol. Tongue
Thanks given by:
That's what they call vag tax dude. :p

And yes, some last longer than others, same as anything else - it comes down to how well they've been used. The set on my original car were on 175k, yet from your description they were in better condition than the ones on the estate. Incidentally the one previous owner had spent their whole life running on premium fuel and only really did 30-minute or more motorway commutes, interesting i think...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: