Need a new motor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a new motor
Pfft mustn't have been your mum then, I don't have a foreskin. Was probably Ed's but i've had so many forum mums it's hard to keep track. I can however afford brothels thanks to you lovely mugs and my "group buy". You've paid for a tenth of a night with a high class cumbucket, merci beaucoup.

Wasn't Scott's mum though, I can see where he got his hair colour and dodgy skin from. Looked like a deep fried donner kebab..
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah your wrong man. Scotts mum is a goddess. i personally think scott was adopted. Either that or his mum had done something badly wrong in her earlier life and she was given the option of death by masturbation or bring up a ginger kid as your own without taking the Joseph Fritzel approach.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Guys grant needs a new motor not a new mother. Let's get back on topic.

And pellowe you couldn't afford my mum. She's high class n all. You'd be doing group buys for years to afford that
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2012, 07:39 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Guys grant needs a new motor not a new mother.

I wouldnt be so sure after last night. Giggidy
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sorry Captain Ed, I shall stop trolling when your mum stops handing out freebies in Lidl car park Wink

Yeah probably best to get back on topic..
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pffft lidl, don't make me chundah over my cheeseboard, we don't shop there dahling....

Yeah we really should get back o t...
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2012, 07:46 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Pffft lidl, don't make me chundah over my cheeseboard, we don't shop there dahling....

Yeah we really should get back o t...

Not doing your self any favours for your posh reputation dude!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(28-10-2012, 07:03 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah i think bigger cars just feel slower. If im doing 80 in the 6, i know im doing 80. Even if im doing 80 in the skoda, it just doesnt feel like im doing the speed limit.
Bang a big powerful engine in it and its even worse.....its great but you do have to be so careful.

I think I realise why the vRS bored me. It was so well insulated and refined you didn't feel like you were really driving until you were doing daft speeds, and it had that much power I could rarely put my foot down properly...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'd recommend a 330ci clubsport; a fantastic ride, half decent mpg's when sensible and a pretty luxurious interior.

Would seriously put you off the Datsun though, impossible to navigate the engine bay and a PITA to replace the easiest of things such as a headlight bulb
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
So what happened to the 1.8 (which sounded awesome at ace) that sees you need I g a new car and getting 3 points?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Remember; old cars are better, newer cars are shitter.

If you have a sensible work van then I would personally buy something mental. Yes I would (predictably!) consider a turbocharged / supercharged MK1 mx5 for outright fun, but your £5k could probably buy an MR2 turbo or something equally ridiculous! Honda Accord Type Rs are a good shout but have weak gearboxes and a low-rent interior (with the exception of some awesome bucket seats) or a DC2 Integra with some modifications?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Get a disco grant

Nuff said

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Berlingo nad - insurance is sweet fa, can thrash it all day long and not get fast enough to get yourself in trouble and it's based on a 306 so you've still got the handling, can spend any spare in your budget on making it a pleasant place to be inside, which will help abate the modding addiction. Also perfect for towing whatever you get as a track car.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
^^ He has a berlingo van for work already!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Argh, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place here. Been looking into 350z's and I do like them. The insurance isn't much more at all, and it's quite justifiable.
I do love my 306, it's such fun to drive, but it's inevitably going to see me in trouble or wrapped round a tree. I can't afford to get points as it will f*ck up my work, so what's the point in having a car that your gonna spend loads on suspension shinies.
I drive my old mans insignia a lot, that's comfortable, not exactly a spritely drive, but I'm looking for comfort.
I think I'll have to take one for a test drive and start basing my opinion upon this.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
S2K!!!! Do it :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thing is Grant, as I said on Whatsapp; you've got to be realistic if you're making this decision with your head.

I mean this in a nice way, but a luke-warm hatch with a little camber and suspension is going to be a lot less likely to get you into trouble than a 275-295bhp RWD Nissan, doesn't matter how you look at it. In addition to this, with a pair of big ol' rear tyres, you'll have to be doing some before you're near the limit. It's a bigger car, so will feel slower from the cockpit, meaning you, as an enthusiastic driver will be more inclined to go faster. The combination of the above will mean that when you overstep the limit, it really will bite you hard. With a fun FWD hatch, if you get the back end out, you steer into it and boot it. With a RWD car, if the back steps out, unless youre Tsuchiya you realistically will end up upside down in that pretty field 500 yards away... The same goes for the S2ks too; they've got a nasty reputation for being very skittish and snappy on the limit; the earlier models even more so due to the steering rack.

Bottom line imo is if you're doing it to save money and your license, then get something boring cheap economical and comfortable, or just use the work van for a bit and see how you get on.

If you want to go mad with it, for god's sake ignore me and get a 350z or something, and I call shotgun on the first passenger ride. But I just can't see that spending £6k on a car you don't absolutely need right now is a good idea, especially when it could potentially get you into a LOT more trouble with the law and every field in Surrey than the 306 ever will, modified or not!!
Thanks given by:
Fair comments ed.

To be fair it didn't even occur to me that it was RWD unti about 4 hours ago. I'd be happy if it was a 1.6 fwd 4pot. It just looks quality IMO

It's got the spec I'm looking for, with all the mod cons, and I don't intend to be driving it like a 306. Nowhere near the limit. Look at it more as a rep wagon /shameless

Ill test pilot one and see how it goes. I reckon it will be too heavy to go some, and too big to handle. Perfect. Lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you need a reliant, that will stop you going too quickly when you come to any corner, spend the money on a custom interior full of luxury.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2012, 01:51 PM)Grant Wrote: Fair comments ed.

To be fair it didn't even occur to me that it was RWD unti about 4 hours ago. I'd be happy if it was a 1.6 fwd 4pot. It just looks quality IMO

It's got the spec I'm looking for, with all the mod cons, and I don't intend to be driving it like a 306. Nowhere near the limit. Look at it more as a rep wagon /shameless

Ill test pilot one and see how it goes. I reckon it will be too heavy to go some, and too big to handle. Perfect. Lol

Deep down you know that wont happen. As ed said, bigger cars feel slower. You've buying a RWD is going to end up in you taking it for a hoon around Horton, loosing it on an enthusiastic corner and trashing it. 6k gone! Insurance won't pay out when they hear how you were driving (wont be able to hide it from them!). At least with fwd, it's pretty boring in comparison...I'd love to be able to powerslide everywhere but at least there a lot safer for a non experienced (which you are really just like most of us) driver.

Not to mention if your going RWD, it wouldn't be a 350z. By all accounts, there crap. As much as I hate my self for this, I'd buy a old 3 series coupe
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If you just want a quiet cruiser then ideally you want a BMW 6-pot 3-series IMO, not something with the sporting pretensions of a 350Z (even if it is a bit 'wallowy') as it will just wind up getting ragged and you know it!

This is gonna sound kinda gay but you know a MK1 Audi TT is a pleasant cruiser and they are relatively cheap nowadays too...

I think you can even get a Boxster in your budget too, a way better ownership proposition than a shoddy Nissan!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Car you have gone right down in my eyes with even suggesting a TT!!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sad

Well they look nice. Bit gay I suppose, but a 225 spec 1.8T would make a nice daily, no? Golf reliability, cos er, it's a golf underneath lol
Thanks given by:
Definaty not getting a 3 series or a TT. 3 series you inevitably look like a knob, and mk1 TT you look like a gay knob.

TBF if I'm going to bin a car from enthusiastic driving, it would have happened by now in the XS. I'm not stupid, I can't afford to be drifting everywhere, tyres fuel etc. plus I'm after a bit of luxury... Although driving a horse and cart is luxury in comparison to my 306 haha

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2012, 09:52 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Yes I would (predictably!) consider a MK1 mx5 for outright fun...

Are you sure dude? Apparently there isn't enough power to break traction in them you know...

/troll
Thanks given by:
Nice selective quoting there! Your abilities surpass my expectations :p

Hehe
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2012, 04:49 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Nice selective quoting there! Your abilities surpass my expectations :p

Hehe

I try, thanks for noticing brah Blush
Thanks given by:
Old merc, you get cool, comfy, not expensive insurance and, best of all, an auto-box: impossible to rag and enjoy.

Can even tow your track car. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: