Dturbo wooshing/turbo sound

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dturbo wooshing/turbo sound
I seen a dturbo the other night R reg diablo in st austell maccies if it was anyone on here.. But he over took me a treat on the bypass i seen him coming dropped to third and booted it and he just went passed as if i wasnt moving it was nuts.. Then when i seen him in the car park he booted it past me and his car made like this wooshing sucking sound and it sounded amazing and i wanted to know what it was so does anyone know? It was really loud aswell i couldnt tell it was a diesel when he opened it up:/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Probably a huuuuuge turbo Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I had a similar experience, Dturbo went past, though it was a turbo petrol if it wasn't for the smoke, I made a thread about it on .net but it offended people for some reason.
Thanks given by:
I wish he stopped so i could of had a chat but it sounded epic so though it ask and see if you loylt might know.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
You should have been able to tell if it was a diesel if there was a puff of smoke when he booted it :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It was definately diesel, Still dont know why it souned so cool Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Colour would help...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
a few of my friends old cars did this. they just had a standard back box ike the ph1 and ph3.
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
It says r reg diablo ..... pretty sure diablo is a peugeot colour. Sounded like more of a turbo noise than an exhaust sound :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:It says r reg diablo ..... pretty sure diablo is a peugeot colour. Sounded like more of a turbo noise than an exhaust sound :/

Skim reading ftw Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
karl1989 Wrote:a few of my friends old cars did this. they just had a standard back box ike the ph1 and ph3.
yeah thinking about it the blaze in my sig does it too and ginges car, theyre both on standard backboxes
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Rofl, wait till I come past up the St.Austell bypass.....Im pretty sure the car your on about is just a stage 1 DT lol....probs with a boost leak / straight pipe.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was gonna say, St.Austell is down Darren's hood, god knows what his car sounded like when he drove past. Shame he didn't make more videos really!
Thanks given by:
Darrens car makes a massive whoosh sounds and sucks in little children
Thanks given by:
I would love to hear Darrens, If can get my stage one sounding like that i'd be over the moon, it sounded soo effin cool Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Darrens on the FCS rollers sounded unreal, like a jetplane going over your head.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If it was a black R plated DT making a wooshing sucking noise, it was possibly me just before I left...

Open pipe turbo FTW.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:If it was a black R plated DT making a wooshing sucking noise, it was possibly me just before I left...

Open pipe turbo FTW.

If you read the thread you would notice it was a diablo hes on about lol...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:
Ruan Wrote:If it was a black R plated DT making a wooshing sucking noise, it was possibly me just before I left...

Open pipe turbo FTW.

If you read the thread you would notice it was a diablo hes on about lol...

lmao Yeah but when has Ruan ever read an entire thread before replying, anyway black could look diablo..........maybe.........
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I was actually going to say it might be Ruan's if it was down that way but then I read it again and saw he said it was a Diablo.
Thanks given by:
Seen Ruans before but yes it was a diablo Tongue
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hence I said IF it was a black one, it's probably me...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Im not reading the whole thread..........but mine made that wooshing noise when there was a hole in the IC lol!! :p
Thanks given by:
If the one the OP is talking about sounds anything like Ruan's, no it didn't Tom. I was thinking it could be the VNT bus at first, I missed the Diablo bit too!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 dturbo turbo blew pbell283 8 1,325 21-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Last Post: pbell283
  can a D turbo sound nice? pud11 60 17,974 29-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3