Heating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heating
I've got the dash out at the moment for matrix replacement, and thought I'd try and fix my heating at the same time. I thought that the heating temperature control knob would be connected to a mechanical cable, but its not so I guess it must be electrical.

Can anyone suggest something I could check to see if the control knob is working? I'm crap with electrics so have no idea.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its a mechanical cable, maybe its popped off already - sometimes people who have done the heatermatrix in the past can snap off the mounting points for cables and generally break stuff bodge stuff back, which is a right pain when you come to fix it :/
Thanks given by:
It's not a cable Ben, it's sensored, you'll find a small fan type thing in the roof console - probably full of dust! My ph3 has this anyway
Thanks given by:
My Ph3 had a cable...and the fan thing in the ceiling...
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
afaik A/C is electric. NON A/C is cable
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Mine was A/C, and had a cable.

Parts bin speacial maybe. Had 1.6 brake setup too, despite it was only a 1.4.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If your heater controls have a 1, 2, 3 and 4 for fan settings, i cant help you.

If youve got the 'climate control' where you have a auto setting, its all servo controlled except for the dial that switches where the air is put out from. this is controlled by a yello and green cable.

Check the fan on the ceiling is clean and plugged in. If not, could be a faulty servo (hope not.....thats a matrix apart job) or faulty control unit.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've got the 'climate control' one so ill check the fan. I've just replaced the matrix and the dash is still out so i shouldn't think it would be too much more work to do the 'matrix apart' bit. Although I would like the car in a couple of days so it'l just depend how long it'l take me.
Thanks given by:
Just found the fan in the ceiling, why is it there? It's plugged in but not sure how to test it further.

Where abouts is the servo, I might try replacing that and then replacing the control unit if that doesn't work..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heating in 98 XSI Lomas933 5 2,409 13-02-2019, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Lomas933
  heating system odd fault Piggy 6 1,887 26-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Center console heating panel help. ginger3131 18 5,924 16-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete