Guide - Removing Front Bumper

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide - Removing Front Bumper
Hi there.

I'm 306brasil.com.br moderator, and think fair debut here collaborating with somehow (i hope)

What you need:

- Torx (T15 or T20)
- 10mm wrench
- Philips screwdriver

Remove the front wheels helps the service

First, remove these 3 screw with the Torx in both sides

[Image: foto02pk.jpg]

After remove, this part is out

[Image: foto03nk.jpg]

This will give access to the upper screws bumpers

After this, remove these 3 screws in the sump guard with 10mm wrench

[Image: foto04d.jpg]

Finishing this, you have the lower part job finished.
Now starts the boring part.... The upper nuts.

2 nuts in the left side (Passenger side in the UK cars) - 10mm wrench

[Image: foto05jh.jpg]

And 2 more in the right side (Driver side in the UK cars) - 10mm wrench
Ignore the black nuts (whitout prejudice :p), what matter are the silver nuts.

[Image: foto07i.jpg]

Finishing this, the bumper is out!
The "X" tags are fit points and the "circle" tags are fixation points with the nuts/screws

In the car

[Image: foto09x.jpg]

And in the bumper

[Image: foto11ly.jpg]

The "square" points are the fog lights fixation.

Regards, Ambrosio
(sorry for my bad english)
Thanks given by: theGAMEisOVER
welcome to the club and thanks for the guide, easy enough to do but will help some no doubt . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Great guide mate, exactly what I needed. I read the haynes manual but their photos are crap and I couldn't find the upper nut fixings. Your photos show where everything is.
Nice one Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate Smile

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club!

Did this exact job for the first time on my Ph2 yesterday and I'd say your guide is spot on.
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:
It's also worth mentioning that the 4th photo down showing the left nuts also shows the bitron box / relay. It's the box like thing under the curved pipe. If your fault finding faulty twin fans its something to check or possibly replace.
It's also known as the air con ecu and not always made by bitron, mines made by G. Cartier. If you need to replace any of the fan relays I'd recommend the G. Cartier stuff over Bitron. Hope that helps someone.
Thanks given by:
do the fog lights need to be removed to gain access for the bumper nuts or are they accessable with the fogs still in place
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
You can do it with the fogs in place mate
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 04:37 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: You can do it with the fogs in place mate

Thanks
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Just what I needed thanks Big Grin
Thanks given by:
great guide!
very clear pictures, thanks
Thanks given by:
Cheers man, great guide
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the guide, will be attempting this later
Thanks given by:
Helped me out, I've been out there for half an hour looking for those top nuts lol

Cheers!
Thanks given by:
i just did this yesterday, if you can see the 10mm one above the horn on the passenger side and move your hand up and towards the car, at the other side of the loom you can feel the other bolt.

the one on the drivers side is in the same place so once you've found one at one side you should know where to feel for the one at the other side.

Took me ages to figure out why the bumper wouldnt come off and then i felt the other nut!

haha i read that as you couldnt find where the bolts were.... my bad, sorry!
Thanks given by:
thanks for the guide Smile

ive got to remove my bumper very soon, and do some repairs to it, as the previous owner decided to either bump into something, or have soemone bump into them Smile

its severely cracked all along the top edge, and the bottom 3 supports are broken. Sad plus the NS fog is smashed Sad

time to crack out the fiberglass kits i think.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Nice guide. I got a bit inpatient when removing mine and did some damage so this will be a good reference in the future.
Thanks given by:
HOW TO: Peugeot 306 bumper removal: https://youtu.be/YMhSOIc0J0c
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ambro, my bumper is falling off, so I'll need this guide at the weekend. Smile
WoW! That was cheap!  Inlove
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide: Front suspension/spring/coilover change ginge191 72 56,728 07-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  GUIDE: Removing the Instrument Cluster, Replacing Bulbs, Fitting Dials Eeyore 18 20,670 02-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Grant
  Guide: Front and Rear seat removal ginge191 15 13,623 09-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Last Post: ginge191