Torsion Bars / ARB Group Buy **FIRST POST UPDATED**

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torsion Bars / ARB Group Buy **FIRST POST UPDATED**
WHY DO YOU DO THIS THE WEEK I put tHE DEPOSIT DOWN ON A HOUSE!!!!!!! lol,

I also could be interested Big Grin would they be able to get some mega ARBs made up cheap for this group buy?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
[quote='sean-306' pid='148976' dateline='1351181023']
Ive put 23mm... But could someone explain what differences thicker bars will implicateon the ride/handling please?

Just think of them as springs like you have at the front. They are rated by weight (as in first post) and get stiffer as they get wider (ooh!). Basically it takes more force to twist a thicker one in the same way it takes more force to compress a spring. Best I can explain hope that helps!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So the thicker it is the harder it is.. ooh err

What would be good as a quick car setup? standard hdi is 21 iirc (165lb/inch) so 23mm @ 235lb/inch should be 70% harder?
Thanks given by:
Standard HDi estate is 21mm, hatchback is 20mm same as the GTI6.

I've spoke to them again, ARB's are £90 for up to 25mm, £100 for over 25mm if ordered as part of the group buy.

30mm ARB for £100? Bargain.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Damn you! Now its gonna cost another 100 quid!!

Will this not make the back end awfully stiff and wanting to over take the now wobbly front end?

Especially from a personal opinion and with ordering the bakerbm rear mounts...

Im thinking im going to have a very stiff rear end snigger!
Thanks given by:
lol

Make the rear as stiff as you want, but generally the stiffer the rear is compared to the front, the more oversteery it'll be.

What kind of setup do you want? Fast road/track anything up to 23mm torsion bars and 30mm ARB will be a hoot, more than that is hardcore track use really
Thanks given by:
Chris what size are the hybrid arbs a well known Peugeot tuning parts supplier sell?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Hybrids are 28.5mm roughly, to play it safe i'd plump for a 28mm one as 29mm is awful snug in the trailing arms..
Thanks given by:
Spoox motorsport sell 28.something tapered down to 25.something at the other end. This is advertised as the thickest arb you can fit in the standard beam tube.. so 30mm wouldn't fit
Thanks given by:
I want fast road...Something i can really throw around and pedal whilst still being in reasonable control... ATM the back end really does feel wobbly in those situations currently... im glad ive got good tyres on the front... Although, having mix match tyres on the rear could also be a problem...

Way future (after afghan) plans are new high spec coilovers and decent new bushes at the front... so beefing up the arse end isnt really a major worry at this point.

Are you saying a 30mm wouldnt fit in the trailing arms?
Thanks given by:
30mm needs the railing arms pins to be machined. According to spoox, 28.5mm one end and 25.4mm at the other is the biggest you'll fit.

AKA the "hybrid" ARB
Thanks given by:
Ha I like how you've put you want to be in 'reasonable' control! I'd rather be in full control lol but everyone's different! I don't think a 30mm anti roll bar would fit atall. Have a look at the one spoox motorsport sell that's supposed to be the largest you can get without modifying the beam
Thanks given by:
Sean if you're wanting something a bit stiffer than the usual "uprated suspension" feel then 22 or 23mm is what you want. I'm only going for a 24mm set as I need the back as rigid as possible given the ride height, plus I have something like 400lb springs at the front!
Thanks given by:
So the biggest "standard" arb possible is a 25mm... realistically speaking
Thanks given by:
Beat me to it again! Darn phone typing takes ages!
Thanks given by:
Realistically sean, yes, the gti one is either 23 or 24mm depending on the year.
Thanks given by:
Right now I'm confused.

So if we order a 28mm arb, I'd it going to be made to fit similarly to the hybrid arbs? Or are we gonna have to deal with that when we get hold of them?
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2012, 06:10 PM)Ben Wrote: Ha I like how you've put you want to be in 'reasonable' control! I'd rather be in full control lol but everyone's different! I don't think a 30mm anti roll bar would fit atall. Have a look at the one spoox motorsport sell that's supposed to be the largest you can get without modifying the beam

Lol!! Still want to be able to put in a bit of correction and feel like im driving the car and the car isnt driving me... if you no what i mean...

the way i see it is if the car wants to let go i still want to be able to have enough talent to save it... without "reasonably controlled" practice... how am i supposed to understand how the car will react to a given situation and have the required talent/skill/luck/understanding (delete as neccasary) to fix the "situation"?

(25-10-2012, 06:15 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Right now I'm confused.

So if we order a 28mm arb, I'd it going to be made to fit similarly to the hybrid arbs? Or are we gonna have to deal with that when we get hold of them?

If i understand right... a 28mm wont fit... the max that will fit without further mods is a 25mm. thats why they give the "hybrid arb" tapered ends...
Thanks given by:
Ed, the hybrid ARB i've just been told is a flat rate of £125 as part of the group buy. This is the one with different diameters at each end. The price quoted before is for a fixed length ARB which will need some work to fit if going over 25mm fixed diameter. The hybrid ARB requires no modification to fit.
Thanks given by:
f*ck f*ck f*ck so tempted! Will you put some compbrake stickorrrz on it for me? Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'll see what I can do Ed lol
Thanks given by:
If i didnt already have a hybrid arb and 21mm tb's i would have them at them prices Smile

Thanks given by:
Saw this on 306gti6 and I've had some droplinks of you before Mr Pellowe, so I'm in lol

1. cwspellowe - 306 24mm bars
2. Jonny81191- 306 24mm bars
3. Niall - 306 23mm bars (we WILL get 5 names so don't feel like a Jew)
4. c.gerrard - 306 size TBC
5. Matt - 23mm bars
6. lisa306-23mm..TBC
7. Jack TBC
8. Grant 306, 24mm aslong as we get more than 5 actually go through with this as I'm a tight lady garden
9. Sean 306 23mm
10. luke306rallye - 306 23mm bars (unless 24mm fit without removing?)
Thanks given by:
Damn it, why is there so much I want to buy at the moment!
Thanks given by:
Aaaahhhhh must find money ASAP!!!!!!!

What about front ARBs. So if i order some TB's and a ARB do i get combined postage

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2012, 06:33 PM)Curt Wrote: Damn it, why is there so much I want to buy at the moment!

exactly my thoughts, new it was a bad idea buying another 306, I just want to spend money on it!!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Postage is currently a weird subject. He wants £25 a set outside the group buy, or £10 a set for 5 sets posted. That's to me though, but i'll be able to post them on to you for less than the £15 difference.

As for combining everything, if it's all shipped to me as one order I can work on postage from that. All in though you're probably talking £20-£25 anyway for postage.
Thanks given by:
Are you coming/going to the xmas meet?
Thanks given by:
you reckon you'd be bothered to sort another group buy in a month or so? as my funds are shit right now
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Joe depends how hard work this is, if this goes well I could do another, i'm just not making anything from this so if it's hassle I won't bother again Smile

And no i won't be at the xmas meet i'm afraid
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: Piggy parts post - UPDATED - GO FAST BITS Piggy 23 6,799 26-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Last Post: wainwrightj
  21mm Torsion Bars 306gtiparts 3 2,120 10-12-2017, 06:31 AM
Last Post: EVL-306
  23mm torsion bars welshpug 3 1,900 19-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Last Post: welshpug