Track Rod Ends - are these right?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Rod Ends - are these right?!
So, ordered these through ECP, the picture showed it was the correct fitment, but i cant help to think that they're the wrong shape - surrounding the nut seem far too big?

online image...
[Image: Pozlf.png]

arrived
[Image: DXAdG.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
What doesn't look right? Hard to tell when its in the bag
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
doesnt matter what size the nut is, as long as the threaded bit fits in the hole. look about standard issue
remember to count the turns and transfer the steering arm nut off old TRE if new one doesnt come with one
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:What doesn't look right? Hard to tell when its in the bag

i cant take it out if i need to send it back...

sweeney1987 Wrote:doesnt matter what size the nut is, as long as the threaded bit fits in the hole. look about standard issue
remember to count the turns and transfer the steering arm nut off old TRE if new one doesnt come with one

the part coming up and surrounding the nut, originals look a lot shorter, almost flat as it sits against the its hhub hole.
Thanks given by:
the boot bit you mean?
itll squash down when fitted.

course you can open the bag! if it doesnt fit they supplied you wrong part!
Just get on with fitting it, all 306 racks have same fitment, theyre not model specific so just get on and fit it
Thanks given by:
sweeney1987 Wrote:the boot bit you mean?
itll squash down when fitted.

course you can open the bag! if it doesnt fit they supplied you wrong part!
Just get on with fitting it, all 306 racks have same fitment, theyre not model specific so just get on and fit it

perfect mate, cheers - yeh i though it might, but can feel it through the bag and it feels like it wont swuash much.

but yeh, the boot part on it.

As for tracking, i'll spend a tenner getting it tracked at the garage round the corner Smile
Thanks given by:
Course you can open it, its pretty easy to tell if its been fitted or not. And as said the boot will be fine when you fit it
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
It looks fine, just man up and fit it, as said already, the 306 ones are all the same anyway so it would be hard for them to get it wrong..............
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:It looks fine, just man up and fit it, as said already, the 306 ones are all the same anyway so it would be hard for them to get it wrong..............

Sorry :oops:
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, it was me ninja
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Oh yeah, it was me ninja

phew...
man, scaring me... fair play :!:
Thanks given by:
stupid bloody gingers.

with regards tracking, still make sure and count the turns to take off so it will be close to where it was when you do get it retracked
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Oh yeah, it was me ninja

phew...
man, scaring me... fair play :!:

Haha yeah i read the thread and thought i wouldn't say anything, but i couldn't be that harsh x
Thanks given by:
i think they're all the same for 306's so if they've given you one for a 306 you should be alright fella . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
ok TRE changed, and coilovers swapped over, apparently they're ever so slightly side specific and i had them on the wrong side? can hardly see the difference but if they're on the wrong sides, the drop links are ever so slightly twisted when on full lock.

As well as that, managed to get out my annoying stuck in place TRE, was stuck on the hub, and previousloy had smashed it for so long and so hard it had bent the threads. so yeh, managed to get that, swap coilies and put the new TRE on within 2 hours.

what a big boy i am Big Grin

edit: oh and went to the garage. literally, 20 second walk from me and asked him how much for tracking

"well thats going to be £30, then if it needs adjusting thats going to cost aswell.."

"......yeh i'll give that a miss"

then he continues to rant how his prices need to be so high bladdy bladdy bla...
Thanks given by:
You need to get it checked and adjusted, other wise itll be new tyres
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:You need to get it checked and adjusted, other wise itll be new tyres

yeh i will do but not for £30!! :o
Thanks given by:
£30 is about normal, but charging extra on top as well is just stoopid
Thanks given by:
Got mine checked and adjusted for £15 so try aim for around that price Smile
Thanks given by:
You got an ATS euromaster round there? They're good with tracking, free check (obviously) and then I think it was £15 to have it done...mine was 11mm out at the time! lol
Thanks given by:
got mine done - took it to ATS like you said, they charged £34 for it, im not too fussed, it was WAYYYY out.... i've got the paperwork but cant get my head around it...
Thanks given by:
£34?? Wow.....I had two tyres fitted and balanced, one punture repaired with new valve and tracking all done for £50 at ATS lol.........did you ask if they could do it cheaper lol??
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:£34?? Wow.....I had two tyres fitted and balanced, one punture repaired with new valve and tracking all done for £50 at ATS lol.........did you ask if they could do it cheaper lol??

they initially quoted me £35, so i dont well!

+ the car was up for about 30 minutes anywho.. im not fussed, i asked a few gargaes and most charged £30 + chaninging costs... so £34 all in, im not fussed
Thanks given by: