OMG!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG!!!
(26-10-2012, 08:46 AM)Kimmie Wrote: Hmmmm..... 1%......

Hmmmm........repair Kim's car....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 08:45 AM)Niall Wrote:
(26-10-2012, 08:43 AM)Kimmie Wrote: Let's face it, to us the North is anything North of Watford....

Glad to see you're finally admitting the phasefail Adam!

No. North is anything above the Thames. This is fact because motorway road signs start to say 'to THE NORTH' (like a warning really)

So in fact Kim, you and Scott are both dirty northerners!

Bollocks. Here's my (correct) definition. South of Watford gap - South
North of Watford gap - Midlands
North of the southern borders of Derbyshire/Cheshire/Lincolnshire - North

Questions?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the confirmation that I'm a Midlander - apart from some people thinking we talk with a strange Brummie accent which is actually a Black Country accent (no need for SRowell to comment here as the Black Country is actually an area of the West Midlands to the geographical west of Birmingham) and people from this area are often referred to as Yam Yam's because when they try to say 'You are' it has been shortened to 'You am' and it comes out Y'am. Not all people from the midlands speak in this dialect.
The 'Brummie' accent is similar but nowhere near as strong - it's like the difference between Cockney and Essex.
I have a more countryfied accent as I live in Worcestershire with hints of Brummie due to spending a lot of time working with people of this once great city and at one time being married to one of its former residents.
From the Midlands and British!!
Thanks given by:
How on earth did they get 'Y'am' from 'You are'? :S
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
You am - its like Norfolk, too much inbreeding pmsl
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 12:23 PM)ash240970 Wrote: (no need for SRowell to comment here as the Black Country is actually an area of the West Midlands to the geographical west of Birmingham)

lol

Your definitely a midlander, you cant be southern if your in the middle of the country! I quite like the Worcestershire accent, it has a touch of that west country twang...

It's like brummie with a hint of Connor Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Your right there Liam - when I first started working in Birmingham I got called a country bumpkin so I started to take the rip out of yam yams and this is where I got corrected lol
Reminds me of the old 2 Ronnies sketches with the 2 country bumpkins stood talking by the farm gate but a lot of you on here are too young to remember that programme so it's probably wasted on you.
Thanks given by: