Engine Removal - No Crane!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Removal - No Crane!?
(23-10-2012, 11:29 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: me and Sam barker dragged a full xud block minus bosch and turbo up into his van . . . . . coz we're Northern and hard as fcuking nails pal . . .Big Grin

+1 Big Grin
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Lifting the beam?
Lifting the beam?!

yer all fecking pansies, I double up as a wheel jack on Thursdays....

[Image: DSCF9285.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bloody northerners taking over threads again! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 06:49 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Bloody northerners taking over threads again! Tongue

Just giving you some advice cocker, nowt wrong wi' that is there?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
So the advice is to buy/rent a northerner for the day then? Confused
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 07:44 AM)Toms306 Wrote: So the advice is to buy/rent a northerner for the day then? Confused

HmmmmmmmmmHmm . . . . . . . .(in deep thought) . . . . .

that's a grate eyedear lad . . . . . Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
^^^ not totally sure in what way Matt is thinking of being 'rented' out Tongue haha we have names for people like you in my area lol

Me and me mate used to have a habit of putting cinquentos and other small cars in peoples front gardens when pissed up walking home haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 10:42 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: ^^^ not totally sure in what way Matt is thinking of being 'rented' out Tongue haha we have names for people like you in my area lol

Me and me mate used to have a habit of putting cinquentos and other small cars in peoples front gardens when pissed up walking home haha

hahahaa nice 1 . .Big Grin

in other news no, i am not thinking of becoming a rent boy . . . .Dodgy
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
a good one is trying to stand a robin reliant on its rear door so looks like a pyramid haha good job hes also a big lad 6ft6 20stone Smile im only a short arse lol

ahh i see thats good then was geting a tad worried then. . . Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2012, 06:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Confused

Tomorows job then.....Big Grin

I looked on thier website this morning Jordan....but £30 for an engine that may just end up scrapped in a few weeks seems a bit much to me! I'll try nialls method, and if it doesn't work then I'll have to change plan lol.

tom id get someone to gave you a helping hand, get two trolley jacks to take the weight of the engine and gear box. undo anything that will get in the way etc. maybe undo the gear box side and drop that side down. so you can e split it and remove it. just allow you some more space to manover the engine out plus its less weight. take your time tom and double check everything before you drop anything.
last thing you want is anything to move that you dont want to move.
also tom while your breaking the golf, get the full car loom out too,
weigh that in seperate, you could get £15 to 20 quid just for that!
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2012, 11:29 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: me and Sam barker dragged a full xud block minus bosch and turbo up into his van . . . . . coz we're Northern and hard as fcuking nails pal . . .Big Grin

Yeah, hard as f*cking nails Rolleyes

I can lift a full HDi lump (minus manifolds and pump) from the floor onto my workbench on my own
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 03:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

I can lift a full HDi lump (minus manifolds and pump) from the floor onto my workbench on my own

ooohh.....so impressed big boy!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 03:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

what with gearbox too? . .well if that's true i'm calling HDI engines lighter than xud's . . Tongue
Thanks given by:
Dum Dum is an animal Matt
Thanks given by:
How much does a complete xud block and gearbox weigh with pump turbo etc.?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Duno id take a guess at about 200-250kg maybe
Thanks given by:
Wish I was mega strong and move mine, need to move my New engine about 6 metres along the drive..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Slide it on some old carpet or something, they aren't stupidly heavy..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
i respect my back il get someone else or a machine to do it tom Wink
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 04:45 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: what with gearbox too?
Nope, as stated, just the engine.
Thanks given by:
Credit to Niall...his pikey way works perfectly! Big Grin

Dropped car onto bricks -

[Image: GolfEngineDrop011.jpg]

Undid the mount bolts......need a big bar lol, my poor jack handle!

[Image: GolfEngineDrop012.jpg]

Bolts removed -

[Image: GolfEngineDrop013.jpg]

Lifted car back up....engine and car seperated without any problems! Yay! Big Grin

[Image: GolfEngineDrop015.jpg]

So while I was on a roll, whipped the gearbox off....still full of oil, no need to empty it with screwed shafts. Wink

[Image: GolfEngineDrop016.jpg]

Chucked that in the boot ready for someone off another forum. Smile

[Image: GolfEngineDrop028.jpg]

Then moved the engine round to its new home for a short while......good joke about it being too heavy to lift! Rolleyes lol

[Image: GolfEngineDrop031.jpg]

[Image: GolfEngineDrop032.jpg]

And while I'm here......

Failed attempt at arty shot lol -

[Image: GolfEngineDrop033.jpg]

And really not much left now, sorry Golf. Sad

[Image: GolfEngineDrop034.jpg]

[Image: GolfEngineDrop035.jpg]

[Image: GolfEngineDrop036.jpg]

Also....I'd never actually seen a DMF before, obviously they're meant to move a bit...but is this normal or excessive? I was expecting worse tbh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqIqzTd-o...e=youtu.be
Thanks given by:
tom theres still loads left on the golf! you could make a table out of the engine block too!
when me and my dad broke the mgf donor car, i took every f*cking nut,bolt and screw off the thing.
i was told from a car breaker to cut the car into quater sections. ie cut the rear quater sections as people may want these to mend a damaged golf.
Thanks given by:
What do you mean pikey way you cheeky bastard!? it worked didnt it! Big Grin

Youve got so much more you could have off that. Body panels look like they are in good nick!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I never said I'd finished stripping it! lol I know there's plenty to go, just gotta shift some out my garage before removing.more now. Smile

Hate seeing it like that though lol. Sad bonnet and wings off tomorow hopefully.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 09:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I never said I'd finished stripping it! lol I know there's plenty to go, just gotta shift some out my garage before removing.more now. Smile

Hate seeing it like that though lol. Sad bonnet and wings off tomorow hopefully.

f*ck saying you hate seeing it like that! you cannot say you didnt enjoy stripping it!
i loved every min of stripping the mgf! it would have made an mgf owners eyes water!
Thanks given by:
Flywheel looks f*cked.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 10:45 PM)procta Wrote:
(24-10-2012, 09:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I never said I'd finished stripping it! lol I know there's plenty to go, just gotta shift some out my garage before removing.more now. Smile

f*ck saying you hate seeing it like that! you cannot say you didnt enjoy stripping it!
i loved every min of stripping the mgf! it would have made an mgf owners eyes water!

Lol, don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying stripping it! It's just a bit sad seeing it like this lol, got a bit attached to it unfortunately!

And cheers ripp, that is the answer I was hoping for! lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  anyone near Chatteris with engine crane jayspug86 4 1,025 12-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Chris_90