Bosch question and a boost question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch question and a boost question
First off i done the gov mod on my bosch the other day and it given me a bit of trouble going back together but then it finally sat down and i bolted it up and it feels alright, any way to tell if its all good without splitting it again? Also the throttle feels like it has 2 stages like it moves halfway then gets a bit stiffer and moves further? Could that be where it hasnt been used there because i removed the max throttle screw? And finally in 3rd gear at 3000rpm my boost is about 0.6/0.7bar is that a little low? I can get up to 0.9 but not til about 4000rpm bit strange i thought
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Perfectly normal and expected about the throttle arm getting stiffer. Its stiffer because thats the point when its compressing the spring which you will have just shimmed, and the spring is now stiffer. Smile

And to me it sounds like you have quite a boost leak. Standard should be 1 bar and on a T2 or K14 id expect to see 1bar by 2.5krpm Smile
Thanks given by:
I cant get 1bar in third flat out the wastegate holds it a 0.9 and thats ragging the fudge out of it Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Have you adjusted the wastegate or is that as it is, standard?
Thanks given by:
I havent touched it, but theres signs the fuel pump has been opened before i god knows what previous owners have done, but i know its slow lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Either a boost leak then, or its had the fuel turned up, then turned back down before it was sold and its been turned down more than it should have been. Does it smoke much?
Thanks given by:
Only smokes when its cold and i rag it (chavvy i know) The last owner was a girl and she though it was really quick so it wasnt her lol. I have heard the d seal is a common leaking place, wheres that? lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
D seal is a common leaking place, its on the top of the inlet manifold if you take off intercooler (i.e. between inlet manifold and intercooler)

Also make sure boost compensator pipe is attached to intercooler, can slip off sometimes and makes them dead
Thanks given by:
If its the d seal you will usually hear a hissing

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Read only???? Also head studs question ekjdm14 1 690 28-12-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  xud9 gearbox ratio question unclebeast 4 2,211 26-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Last Post: DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
  MBC question carlukepeugeot 4 1,892 21-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Last Post: carlukepeugeot