why is my car so slow?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is my car so slow?!
I've recently fitted a T25, no boost leaks (as such) running 18psi

My governor is shimmed solid, and it doesn't smoke on boost so there's more to give from the pump, but surely at 18psi with a bigger turbo it would be significantly quicker?

Everything standard other than what I've already mentioned.

Had a play with my mates standard , lucas pumped Dturbo last night, my car was noticeably quicker, but only about 80-100 yards over about half a mile. If he puts his foot down a couple of seconds before me I've got no realistic chance of catching him!

My top engine mount is fubar, and cv joint is starting to rumble, but surely this wouldn't drastically slow my car down?
Thanks given by:
Under fuelling? You still got a wastegate?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
If it doesnt smoke on boost id try turning the fuel up on the max fuel screw.
Thanks given by:
psi is not a gauge of power output, as said more fuel till it smokes on boost then back it off a bit
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Cuz it's a dirty diesel.......

Oh yeah, I went there. I said that Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
More fuel, if it was clean on boost on a t2, and you put a t25 on, the only power your going to gain is the reduction is restrictions loosing you power...to make MORE power you need more fuel to burn Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
As darren said, defo needs more fuel, are you running a stock LDA pin or is it grinded?
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
get top engine mount sorted to as before and after difference between mine being welded was a lot. something to do with less engine movement meaning more power being delivered and not being lost
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Hm fixing the mount wont gain you any more power, but it will sure as hell make it much more rigid / fun to drive / less f*cked!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
it is deffo more fun to drive and so much quieter too. my engine isn't making anymore power but less of the power is being lost if that makes sense
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Sorry, should have mentioned I have played with the pump, max fuel and lda have been adjusted, I turned the fuel up so it was hazing off boost but made no difference what so ever. Still on standard LDA pin wound right out.

It has a wastegate, but it's not very good, spring is very soft but it boosts steady, no spikes or flat spots etc...

I know boost isn't a measurement of power, but what I'm saying is it isn't a great deal better with a T25 at 18 psi compared to the T2 on 12psi.

And as for the mount, it's definately losing power as a result of this, it's fine on the bottom, but the rubber itself has split around the centre thread and nearly separated. And it's definitely getting worse, the turbo's started touching the bulkhead.
Thanks given by:
Running more fuel will cause it to smoke off boost this is just a typical ve disadvantage, you will have to deal with it, turn your fuel up again and control off boost smoke with your right foot then you will have much more fun on boost!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get it so there is a slight haze on boost :-) as said more fueling
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Add more fuel, but if your only running the stock pin which is spun my advise would be get a pin grinded by dan and you wil see better results just form this expecially with a big blower
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Becausenoracecar
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2012, 04:07 PM)Connor Wrote: Becausenoracecar

Y u no 4 real?

I've spun the pin, removed the washer and turned the fuel up more today, goes a lot better. It's pretty nippy to 70 but it's like it's strangled after that, 0-60 is roughly 8.5 seconds.

I'm going to grind my pin and give it more fuel, see how that helps.
Thanks given by:
fuel filter? . . . . air filter? . . . . .checked the obvious shit? . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yeah, new fuel filter, no air filter (oops), it's a bone stock exhaust, might make a straight through tomorrow night if I have time

Cheeeeers guys
Thanks given by:
i cant get over 20psi but mine coals like mad. if you seen the north RR meet you will see it
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Yeah I saw yours, it's over fueling tbh mate... Could be why you didn't pull a great deal on the RR.

You're gonna melt stuff running that much fuel
Thanks given by:
thats what the guy said at the RR but we turned it down and pulled less
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slow settling idle Jenkosowls 3 1,043 01-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Jenkosowls