205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11
(06-01-2013, 09:14 PM)Niall Wrote: Still not really supposed to drive with driving lights on on general roads. They still cause glare. Thats why quite often they are wired with the high beams. Great for country roads and blinding your typical bmw driver with broken shitty HIDs

...you're telling me you don't drive with your lights on

Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Actually i genuinely dont just purely because i get such rage for people that do and along with their upside down headlamp bulbs or badly misaligned headlights, i cant see a bloody thing.

However i can't not say that i may or may not use my driving lights and full beams for any BMW driver that may be driving with his high beams on "because hes in a bmw and therefore he owns the road"
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2013, 09:24 PM)Niall Wrote: Actually i genuinely dont just purely because i get such rage for people that do and along with their upside down headlamp bulbs or badly misaligned headlights, i cant see a bloody thing.

However i can't not say that i may or may not use my driving lights and full beams for any BMW driver that may be driving with his high beams on "because hes in a bmw and therefore he owns the road"

lmao

Truestorybro Smile
Thanks given by:
Thought i should update this about now..

MOT yesterday - failed on a few niggly bits (loose break pipes, loose pinch bolt, no droplinks, and a rear wheel bearing) which all in all isn't THAT bad for a 210k, 22 year old NAD i'd say.

Having an absoloute mare with getting hold of the correct droplinks, never known anything like it - ordered 2 sets on ebay, from two different sellers, both providing the wrong pieces, well, i have 3 droplinks to fit a peugeot 106 (with an M12 thread) and 1 droplink to fit a 205 (M10 thread)
So went to ECP today with my 'good' link, and they couldnt match it/didnt supply it. Next plan is GSF i suppose.

By the end of the week i should have a new engine and a new turbo ninja to get working with.

Already got a gearbox and a new set of wheels ninja to fit on.
The plan is a total sleeper, so keeping as much standard looking as possible.

I'll get some pics up once the weather clears up, some work gets under way and the postman starts delivering some shiny bits!
Thanks given by:
Sounds good man! Hope you find the right parts soon!
Thanks given by:
You got a 1.9 going in or stayimg with the 1.8?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 11:00 AM)sam Wrote: You got a 1.9 going in or stayimg with the 1.8?

It's having a 1.9 treatment as standard...

Hell, lets let the cat out of the bag - it's having a TD2503VNT turbo, the postaman should be carrying it as we speak.

And just sourced a droplink finally from a dealer in chichester (thanks max)
Thanks given by:
Postaman? Popcorn
Thanks given by:
VNT you say?

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
Thanks given by:
Sleeper you say?

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
Thanks given by:
[Image: facepalm.jpg]

Yes vaughan, VNT he says, and as misstaptaptaptaptaptappy says, sleeper.. thats the plan ThumbsUp - i'll change the thread title once i have something to call a "sleeper project", for now, she's still a naaaaaaaad
Thanks given by:
HE is all NAD. JP, JayPizzle, The Pizzle, JaPing.... The list goes on...

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
Thanks given by:
You need some muscle boy as you seem to have trouble tighten bolts, like when you did my car Popcorn
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 05:59 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: You need some muscle boy as you seem to have trouble tighten bolts, like when you did my car Popcorn

/mybad

In fairness, the sun was falling and i had to rush :excuse:
Thanks given by:
Noodle arms! Popcorn
Thanks given by:
...how was my side out of interest? Are you sure the droplinks didn't and you wheren't just being a pussy? lmao

Popcorn
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 06:04 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: ...how was my side out of interest? Are you sure the droplinks didn't and you wheren't just being a pussy? lmao

Popcorn

idiots; both of you fake italians!

And your side, jesus, knocking and banging like mad!!

(i think it is the lower engine mount btw)
Thanks given by:
Fitalians...

Ummm.... are you going to leave soon to meet me at le train de station?
Thanks given by:
My side- nice and tight giddidy (how long till Samass makes an appearance?).

Bloody corker!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
And boom goes the dynamite!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 06:34 PM)samass Wrote: And boom goes the dynamite!

Here he is!
Thanks given by:
Hellooooooooooo!

[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
So, here it is - the new turbo to fit to the engine (once i bloooody find one local, FML)

[Image: 6DiTCHw.jpg]

[Image: RDHSz18.jpg]

[Image: 2DMALAc.jpg]

[Image: Jsi9YB8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks like it will be an easier fit than mine!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Cheers broseph - i'll pop round in the week, get some measuring and drawings up for some adapter plates. thinking we COULD work with the current exhaust on it, a bit of clocking and we're away!! Smile
Thanks given by:
We could use that down pipe but it would need2 bends ect, so IMO a downpipe like mine would make more sense and flow better.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Woohoo! I know what's coming!!
Thanks given by:
FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

just won an engine on ebay....

[Image: HCaHsQ2.png]

got it for an absoloute bargain also, well, for what it comes with Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2013, 09:16 PM)ginge191 Wrote: you're telling me you don't drive with your lights on
Quoting an older post while catching up on the thread, but ah well. I drive with my lights on all the time. In the event of an accident I'd rather someone wasn't able to say they couldn't see me coming.

I was quite surprised about the size of the wheels when I saw this at the weekend! Not sure if Eli mentioned to you, but when she told us you were getting worse MPG with them on, it's probably not getting much different, but rather your speedo is reading incorrectly so the total distance covered is incorrect. If you've accounted for that already then fair enough Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 07:04 PM)Scott Wrote: I was quite surprised about the size of the wheels when I saw this at the weekend! Not sure if Eli mentioned to you, but when she told us you were getting worse MPG with them on, it's probably not getting much different, but rather your speedo is reading incorrectly so the total distance covered is incorrect. If you've accounted for that already then fair enough Smile

I think it's where the engine is having to work harder to pull - on my commute (as basic as this is going to sound) i know where i usually coal and where i don't, seeing the car coal at points where it never used to is fairly new..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 7,999 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 62,014 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,110 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb