HDI Cutting Out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI Cutting Out
Hi Guys

I have a citroen xsara 2.0 HDI (yes I know this is the 306 forums Tongue). Basically, I am here because I need some advice, my boyfriend has always been a 306 guy and has informed me that the xsara hatchback and the 306 are basically the same car.

So a while ago it started cutting out, pretty briefly to begin with. The revs would just drop off for like a second and then pick straight back up and be fine. The problem has gotten progressively worse, to the point where it will just die while I'm driving and wont start again. It'll turn over, but takes forever to actually start. Then it'll be fine for a while and do it all over again. I'm pretty fed up with having randomers help me push it to the side of the road.

Have tried changing the cam sensor and the crank sensor and also the fuel relay but this doesn't seem to have helped.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I just want my car back on the road!

Thanks
Ashley
Thanks given by:
If you have the hdi-
Next time it cuts out turn the ignition 2 clicks if you don't hear a "buzzing sound" then it's either the brown box behind the ecu or its the fuel pump under the rear seats

Easy way to test is get a voltmeter and tap into the fuel pump plug (easy access it's PIN number 2 I believe /blue wire) if there is a current it's the fuel pump if no current it's more than likey the brown box!

Cheers

When it does cut out though bang te pump a few times (lift rear seat up take off black dust cover and whack the pump) it will then prime when you turn over again
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The "brown box" is the fuel relay, so that's covered. Check in the fuel filter housing to see if you've got any glitter-like bits of metal in the bottom, this is another good indication your lift pump could be going. What conditions does it usually cut out under? When you say the revs drop, do you mean down to zero, or just that it loses power for a moment?

Ideally you want to get it on PP2000, where are you based exactly? Maybe there's a member nearby who can help.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
From reading his post looks like its cutting out under load "when drivin along it cuts out"
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Her post? Wink I see your point, but i don't like to assume, more information is always useful.

Welcome to the forum by the way, just noticed this is your first post.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
need help lol my 306 hdi meridian estate cuts out under full power then starts after 5 seconds but the engine light comes on then goes off after awile , i have changed the fuel filter and carrier,checked the fuel pump under the seat working
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2012, 07:33 PM)Poodle Wrote: ... glitter-like bits...

Hehe
Thanks given by:
Check out this thread guys, work on the extended guide continues and i will be updating when i've finished the next section.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-1497.html
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: