Changeing thomostat and anti-freeze questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeing thomostat and anti-freeze questions
I wana change thermostat and do a water flush is I have no I dear when it was done last, ive bought the bits but how hard is it to change the thormostat?? Any one got a guide or can give me some instructions??

Also how much anti freeze to I need to put in??

Any help welcome thanks in advance

Thanks given by:
Get yourself a haynes manual dude, really useful. I would advise you don't take everything they say at face value, particularly torque settings, but as a general guide they're excellent.

Changing the coolant and thermostat are about as easy as jobs get, so no worries there. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
done this, this morning was really easy still wasn't sure how much anti freeze to put in so i but 2.5 liters in is that ok??? dont want it freezing up with this cold weather coming

Thanks given by:
It should tell you the mix quantity on the bottle, its usually either ready to use or 5:1 or something like that.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I dont read instructions im a man lol i used hose pipe to fill system back up so dont no how much water it takes either...... should be fine i think...... well i hope

Thanks given by:
Yeah 2.5 will be fine. If you really wanted, you could bung in 4.5 and run it neat but its not ideal. I usually go for a half and half mixture and that will protect you down to any temperature you will get in this country!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Oh is that the capacity 4.5 liters?

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti roll bar bushes reckord 11 1,294 12-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Last Post: reckord