Bosch Conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch Conversion
Looking at getting the pump changed to a Bosch and have a couple questions.

What should I be looking for? I know I need the pump lol but what else?

Not sure whether to have the cambelt done with it or not, was changed 21k ago so not due for a while but might be a good idea while it's all off.

Want to aim for roughly 120-130bhp maybe, so should I be looking for one that's been ground?
Thanks given by:
Bosch pump, injector lines (the hard metal pipes), injectors, cambelt pulley and pump bracket ideally. Although you can use the Lucas pump bracket if you have to, it just means swapping a few studs into different holes.

For 130hp your probably looking at just a normal bosch with the fuel turned up, a ground LDA pin and the LDA setting fiddled with. Coupled with around 20/24psi id say youd be good for 130hp (assuming you have either a T2 or K14)

Have a look at my Bosch VE tuning guides for more info on pump tuning Smile
Thanks given by:
On this topic which way should the studs be in the bracket for a bosch pump?
Studs are tight together but is it ones to the left or right of each pair?

Putting one on mine atm but car been f*cked around with so much before i got it dont know where the studs should be!
Thanks given by:
Would the pump off a 405 fit?

I've found one with the injectors and lines, just hasn't got the bracket but Dan has said that it can be put on a lucas one so that doesn't matter too much.

EDIT: I did wonder if the lines and injectors would be ok too but I'm guessing if the pump is ok it'll be off the same engine as I have.
Thanks given by:
sweeney1987 Wrote:On this topic which way should the studs be in the bracket for a bosch pump?
Studs are tight together but is it ones to the left or right of each pair?

Putting one on mine atm but car been f*cked around with so much before i got it dont know where the studs should be!

In the more advanced position for the bosch, to the right for the holes....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Take some pics as you go along, a guide for this is wayyyyyyy overdue!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
londondan86 Wrote:Take some pics as you go along, a guide for this is wayyyyyyy overdue!

I'm not doing it :oops:

Will be paying KrisB to do it once I've got it and a couple other parts.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Bosch pump, injector lines (the hard metal pipes), injectors, cambelt pulley and pump bracket ideally. Although you can use the Lucas pump bracket if you have to, it just means swapping a few studs into different holes.

For 130hp your probably looking at just a normal bosch with the fuel turned up, a ground LDA pin and the LDA setting fiddled with. Coupled with around 20/24psi id say youd be good for 130hp (assuming you have either a T2 or K14)

Have a look at my Bosch VE tuning guides for more info on pump tuning Smile
Would a ground lda give more power or does it just help to control the smoke a bit more? Thinking of doing mine :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Does both bud.
Thanks given by:
Grinding the LDA will give you the fuel where you need it, and take it away where you dont
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks lads best get that done soon then Smile Sorry for the thread hijack
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Did you get this done in the end mate? Didn't way to start a new topic

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Not yet, got the pump in the shed, just need to buy some glow plugs and I'll be having a word with Kris.

Glowplugs, onto my next thread...
Thanks given by:
Good luck mate Smile if you need any help on glowplugs I can actually do them lol

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Sorry for reopening the thread but have a rlated question.

i have done a bosch conversion, have everything done alrite but am confused on one thing, on the lucas pump, the overflow fuel from the injectors was piped straight back into the tank return from the pump using the special banjo, but where do you pipe the overflow off the injectors too on a bosch pump?

any help would be great, Thanks!
Thanks given by:
it should have a spigot connection on the banjo bolt the same Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
i didnt get another spigot connection with my pump, will the lucas one be alrite if i block off the little pipe going to the boost compensator on the lucas ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas to Bosch Conversion Phase 2 306 DTurbo FrostyHDI 2 1,685 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Dave
  Bosch pump conversion problems Farmer-Glen 16 3,521 16-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Farmer-Glen
  Bosch conversion nightmare sammyb303 11 2,537 04-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Chris_90