White Smoke and Rough Idling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Smoke and Rough Idling
Hi guys

I got an XUD9TE which has been sitting there for a lot of time without even starting.

I got it started a while back now but the problem is it is not idling well, sounds like a misfire and when this does happen a cloud of white smoke comes out.

Could any of the injectors be failing or what?

There is no pressure building up in the rad and no oil in the coolant so I guessing its not the Head gasket.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
White smoke is timing smoke i believe. Did if have fuel in whilst it was stood?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 01:01 PM)Tom Wrote: White smoke is timing smoke i believe. Did if have fuel in whilst it was stood?

Actually it was out of the car so i m guessing no, some diesel was left in the fuel filter housing though. So pump timing must be adjusted?
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 02:00 PM)bcac306 Wrote:
(18-10-2012, 01:01 PM)Tom Wrote: White smoke is timing smoke i believe. Did if have fuel in whilst it was stood?

Actually it was out of the car so i m guessing no, some diesel was left in the fuel filter housing though. So pump timing must be adjusted?

Are the revs "hunting" in a really pronounced manner? If so, then I have the same problem. I have been advised to change the fuel filter which I haven't been able to do yet but even so I don't know how doing so would stop the smoke issue. Have a look at my thread and see if you have the same problems:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-6918.html

You can also see the list of things I've tried so you won't have to try them yourself.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 03:19 PM)306Puggy Wrote:

Are the revs "hunting" in a really pronounced manner? If so, then I have the same problem. I have been advised to change the fuel filter which I haven't been able to do yet but even so I don't know how doing so would stop the smoke issue. Have a look at my thread and see if you have the same problems:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-6918.html

You can also see the list of things I've tried so you won't have to try them yourself.

hehe its difficult to describe it but i think we have the same problem. I m running it on diesel not on veg just for more info. And when it like almost stalls a puff of white smoke comes out. I m really starting to think its a timing problem. tomorrow i ll check the timing holes again.
Thanks given by:
More than likely just an injector pal get onto Dan and he can offer a refurb service for a beltin price mate

Also blue white smoke is not neccessarily a bad thing, mine smokes a tad of white for a couple of minutes on a cold startup, and not running hot idle stat

When the engine is cold, the exhaust-gasconstituents which are immediatelynoticeable are the non-oxidized or onlypartly oxidized hydrocarbons which aredirectly visible in the form of white or bluesmoke, and the strongly smelling aldehydes.
Took that from the bosch manual Smile

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No mate i m not from uk hehe. but still thanks for the info guys Smile
Thanks given by:

What was out the car? lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2012, 04:22 PM)Tom Wrote:

What was out the car? lol

The engine lool
Thanks given by:
Squeeze the primer with it running and see what happens.. does it rev up ok?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2012, 02:13 PM)Tom Wrote: Squeeze the primer with it running and see what happens.. does it rev up ok?

Its still the same... Do 1.9d injectors fit properly to 1.9 td?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xud9 White smoke and primer wont stay hard Donny165 5 2,554 13-07-2020, 12:22 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  406 semi ecu XUD9, lumpy/idling issues,advance woes Piggy 3 1,354 28-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan
  rough idle very smoky blinkyeatu 3 1,072 03-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Last Post: blinkyeatu